• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mostly wear white achilles, vintage white bballs, black/white slip-ons and then sand suede RG side zips or RG Strap derbies for work.
I have many more but honestly don't wear them as much as I should.

Speeaking of which I want a new pair. I really do still feel like the achilles is the perfect sneaker. They just go with everything.
Does anybody have the tennis pro? It looks like it's they took the achilles and used a slightly different sole and the suede patch at the toe? fit is the same?
Or should I get black leather/white sole premiums?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mostly wear white achilles, vintage white bballs, black/white slip-ons and then sand suede RG side zips or RG Strap derbies for work.
I have many more but honestly don't wear them as much as I should.

Speeaking of which I want a new pair. I really do still feel like the achilles is the perfect sneaker. They just go with everything.
Does anybody have the tennis pro? It looks like it's they took the achilles and used a slightly different sole and the suede patch at the toe? fit is the same?
Or should I get black leather/white sole premiums?
Tennis pros are too busy, just get the Black with white sole premiums. I have the premium black (pebble grain leather) with the off white sole and they are prob the pair I wear the most.
AA8ACB1E-01CD-445C-9C7A-4328516815EB.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@nsubrmnn I dunno man the white/grey tennis pros are pretty lowkey. Last years white model with the black sole detail were awful. And the black models are generally awful. But these look good and are different enough from white achilles.
epitome_commonprojects_tennisprowhitecarta_1502379590EpitomeEdinburghShoot2105.jpg

epitome_commonprojects_tennisprowhitecarta_1502379614EpitomeEdinburghShoot2106.jpg

With that said I do really like the black/white sole. I just can't find suede ones in my size and I don't really want the smooth leather, that's why I was looking for the premiums since they are pebble grain but I can't them anywhere.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah those are last years with the ****** black sole detail. New versions are much cleaner.

I'll look for black premiums in a 44 but if I can't find them I can get the tennis pros for like ~260

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how many CPs do you guys have in rotation?

just impulse bought my ninth pair last night!

have never paid retail for a single pair (though, with that being said, even on sale or with a promo code, have had to pay $400+ a couple of times)

favorite pair out of all of them is probably the winter combat boots, which i feel like don't get enough love:

22-05-2017_commonprojects_wintercombatboot_black_2017-7547_eh_1.jpg

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tennis pros are too busy, just get the Black with white sole premiums. I have the premium black (pebble grain leather) with the off white sole and they are prob the pair I wear the most.
View attachment 990227

i always thought CPs black and whites had this clownish look, but as always, you're getting me to reconsider.

i love my lanvin patent leather cap toe, but not a huge fan of the suede (and it's a bit chunkier compared to CPs).

maybe i'll buy some black and white achilles and see how they stack up...one more for the list!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads