• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
He seems to have deleted his posts, which was a shame because I never got to read his reply to me!

Jacno creasing is interesting. The first couple of wears take the shoes from perfectly smooth to looking six months old, and then they just...kind of stay there, while Wyatts age more gracefully but probably end up looking worse after a long period of solid use.

The Jacno 60mm is still by far the most comfortable boot I’ve ever owned, I wore it for almost a year 4-5x per week after getting a rubber outer sole/topy added by a cobbler, in London winter and summer, rain, sleet, maybe even a little snow idk. I had the heel rebuilt once because the leather smushed into the rubber layer. Otherwise, they’ve held up perfectly with decent shoe trees, which for a few hundred miles of walking in all weather conditions is pretty amazing.

Now I’m dreading the heel cracking on my Berlin boots, which unfortunately seem to be somewhat less reliable.

VinceCompost

Reaction score
I'm touched by your concern ;)

I have absolutely no idea what happened. I'd just finished dropping a (relatively) tame post in the Oversized thread, clicked to return to the main SW&D forum, and instead was met with a message telling me I'd been banned due to "spam."

Emailed @LA Guy explaining that I could no doubt be accused of all kinds of antisocial behavior, but that spam isn't one of them. Not received a reply, but my message was evidently noted as here I am again. Very strange.

Anyway, glad my posts didn't disappear for good. Should be there again now if you want to reply @CentrallyLocate Although tbh @thorns did a pretty good job of summarizing.

dacarden

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Celine backpacks? I have been wanting to buy a nice leather backpack for a while now, but can never make up my mind. I really keep going back and forth between Celine backpacks and SLP backpacks. I would prefer something that looks more "grown up" and has some edge, but isn't "excessive". The typical SLP style hunting/campus bags look too youthful for what I am looking for and I don't like the monogram prep look either.

What do you guys carry your stuff in? For example, when you travel to and from your places of work, or if you are traveling, or taking a stroll through the city/neighborhood. What about the gym for those who workout?

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like there are only 2 leather backpacks at Celine. The first option is similar to Hedi's Saint Laurent Classic Hunting backpack. I suspect it was continued because it is a trendy option that people feel comfortable in using.
1610686376219.png

Hedi has another edgier backpack, the medium biker backpack.
1610686395100.png
1610688316350.png

1610688307669.png

This one is heavily influenced by the German ww2 backpacks.
1610689232064.png

1610689259353.png

You can use the Celine biker backpack as a backpack or a shoulder bag with the strap connecting to the two sides of the bag.
1610688316350.png

I think it is similar to the idea of this strap, and carried like this bag.
1610688768001.png
1610688850127.png

Personally, I dress pretty casual most of the time, so I usually use my Saint Laurent Rock Sac for that rugged edge. Even if I'm more dressed up in "smart casual", I would use it just to inject that youthful feeling to it.
1610689086333.png

1610689115005.png

1610689128599.png

This one feels influenced by US ww2 backpacks.
1610689345827.png

When I only had my Duffle 12, I would wear it with everything. Now I reserve the Duffle 12 for when I want to look more sophisticated, when I need a bag. It is still pretty casual looking, with everything considered, but there is still a stigma against men wearing anything but backpacks, sports bags, or business bags. Now with more and more men wearing bags, I do think there is more of a blurring of the lines.

Some pictures of Duffle 12 and Duffle 6 worn.
1610690737970.png

1610690788891.png

1610690810557.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this picture of a kid using a drawstring bag with their blazer.
1610691592827.png

1610691702083.png

1610691728158.png

1610691840463.png

1610692011755.png

Would be cool to have it worn cross body.
1610692032628.png

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1610701592986.png

Out of this shot of the fw19 runway, I probably like the one in the back the best.
1610701632250.png

krabbypatty

Reaction score
Hi, for those of you who own both Camargue 'biker' and 'Western' chelseas, does the size of the Western one feel as large as the biker? Or would the Western chelsea by any chance fit true to size?
I recently had purchased the biker chelseas but soon had to return them due to the spaciness and don't want to fail on the sizing again..

Attachments

• lvzeX9Siau0ZfA5q.jpg
    lvzeX9Siau0ZfA5q.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 45

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The panel detail of the Triomphe sneakers is catches your eyes without being overly garish.
1610702106017.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decarden for me having both a briefcase and a duffle bag covers all my needs. I use the Saint Laurent museum briefcase in black grain de poudre with high shine silver hardware as my day bag. I don't use a bag often, but when I do I'm usually smart casual, but this bag even looks fine when I'm dressed casual with for example white SL/01 or Triomphe lows, black jeans and permanent collection denim jacket. It's like a more masculine version of the sac du jour and shares similar details. Strangely I think I've had more compliments on this than on anything else I own.

I had the duffle 24 as well but sold it as I hardly used it after I changed careers and no longer needed a bag to take gym stuff with me to the office that matched with formal wear (these days I mainly just wear Nike football (soccer) clothes to the gym as I play football, and so just take my stuff in a sports hold all).

I actually regret selling the duffle now as I go on much more overnight and weekend trips. On the lookout for a replacement, hoping they release a medium travel bag in grained black leather with silver hardware.

Also kind of regret not picking up the duffle briefcase as it would have been a good alternative to have to rotate with the museum briefcase. Definitely a little more casual due to being softer.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just remembered another reason I sold the duffle 24 is that the first releases of these bags, which is what I had, had really short shoulder straps that didn't look right on me when carried on the shoulder.

Then when they corrected it on the duffle briefcase, they made the shoulder strap too long and it would drag on the ground when carried by the handles.

50993.jpg

dacarden

Reaction score
All great answers! I really dig the look of the rock bag and the briefcase. I currently own a black w/ gold hardware SLP duffle 48 that works for overnight travel. I lost my strap for it and not its lost a lot of its function for me :( You guys always find the best images to post for great examples!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads