• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Bryan55

Reaction score
Got to say, I really think the women’s collection will sell. Granted as many have pointed out, it’s hard to say how any label will sell during an ongoing pandemic world which we’re all living in now, but I really think these women’s looks can be worn anywhere, home/office/socially.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried this fine merino sweater and have any feedback on fit? Or seen them on staff if they're part of staff uniform as they were at SL? Description says classic fit, but also dropped arm holes so it's confusing. I want this style to be sleek, not oversized.

I'm also interested in the oversized denim jacket. I think it's Trixz that has it. How does it compare to SL jackets, other Celine jackets, etc, how did you size?

Thanks a lot

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be interested in that, too. It looks perfect. I know my "classic-fit" dress shirts have very high armholes and skinny sleeves, although roomier at the midsection. From the photo, though, that looks rather sleek.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they're anything like the Saint Laurent ones from AW13 then they are very sleek. Look great with black jeans and boots or shoes, and even under blazers (and I tend to hate anything but shirts worn with blazers but these work well for some reason). Staff had them for uniform at SL under Hedi so you've probably seen them. Mine has seen better days now. I would have bought several as they were about half the price of these.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More relaxed softer proportions, the Celine boy can feel nonchalant with an air of effortless casual-elegance:

If I were to style him, I might give him a slightly larger size of the vertical cabas bag to up the masculinity factor a bit more. The smaller vertical cabas bag really feels a bit too dainty and feminine for his frame. As an alternative to a smaller size bag, I feel like the Folco could be pretty unisex and could work if he wants that soft boy look.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if thorns or instagram converted me, but I'm full into Celine now. I remember pre-dancing kid wondering if the whole edifice would tumble within a year, but judging from the zeitgeist on instagram and East-Asia at least, HS may have turned this around...during a pandemic in the West.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw a pair of Camargue Chelseas on a 20-something lady today in cognac suede.

They looked absolutely divine. Sophisticated and non-fussy. Lots of stylish people in my area, though, so it's always fun!

rebirth12

Reaction score
Just saw a pair of Camargue Chelseas on a 20-something lady today in cognac suede.

They looked absolutely divine. Sophisticated and non-fussy. Lots of stylish people in my area, though, so it's always fun!

This one right? the slightly higher heel makes it so much better

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This one right? the slightly higher heel makes it so much better

Yes, exactly that one. The front panel and heel were so distinctive, and I must admit I stared a bit! She also paired it very well with a mottled blue top and cream silk trousers.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's interesting is that the pointier shape of Jacno, Camargue, and Drugstore being pushed at Celine can be seen as an homage to Phoebe's work:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics