• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's gonna get expensive for you lads postage-wise if you do add something... But I'll just mention that I'm a fan of rich, slightly sweet beers, preferably (bourbon) barrel aged ones... Quads around 10-11 %... Y'know :embar:

But seriously: no need for that... It'll both cost us the same if we do the Speedway for the Westy, so that's all good for me... :)

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i opened a schlafy tipa and promptly drank all of it before i realized how much i wanted to share how delicious it was

galaxy hops are sooo good. that mango flavor comes through very brightly. theres also this herbaceous savory quality to it like wheatgrass or sage or something else pretentious like weed. the sweetness balances out the aroma very well. soooo good

nahneun and i went to a beer tasting event last night. we got to try amstel light with various chemicals like

trans 2 nonenal (wet cardboard flavor usually due to oxidization or age. reminded me of TCA cork taint),
acetylaldehyde (green apple vinegar flavor developed in young beers removed from the yeast too quickly),
diacetyl (butter, dirty draft lines but also from removing beers from yeast too quickly)
DMS (like rotten vegetables or overcooked broccoli, from cooling problems or infection)

we also had stuff that imitated skunked beer and infected beer (diacetyl with some acetic acid). did a blind tasting at the end and i picked out two obvious ones (infected beer and trans 2 nonenal) and 1 tricky one (same as control which was just amstel light). missed out on the diacetyl one because it wasn't as strong for me

was very cool

afterwards the cicerone busted out deschutes black butte (25? imperial porter bourbon barrel aged with figs and cocoa nibs), new belgium lips of faith series le terroir (dry hopped sour ale), the latest stone enjoy by (american double ipa with lots of simcoe, delta, nelson sauvin, galaxy, and something else), hill farmstead la vermontoise (classic saison)

i swear tho that the enjoy bys are different from batch to batch. the latest one had less of the bright aroma and more of this savory quality

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i'm about to be a degenerate and start drinking even before having lunch D:

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters or I'll have any luck, but I am currently looking for a bottle of Pappy 15yr (release year doesn't matter). Anyways, I am offering up a combo of any of the following off this list (within reason):

Beer:
– Cantillon St. Lamvinus x 2
– Crooked Stave Persica Blend #2
– Hill Farmstead Birth of Tragedy
– Hill Farmstead Twilight of the Idols
– Hill Farmstead Florence
– Hill Farmstead Arthur
– Hill Farmstead Flora
– Hill Farmstead Biere de Norma
– New Glaurs Sour Fruit
– Sante Adairius Saison Bernice
– Three Floyds Conquistador de Muerte

Bourbon:
– Willett Family Estate Rye

Glassware:
– Cantillon (various)
– Goose Island (various including 25th anniversary taster)
– Hill Farmstead (various)
– Half Acre (various including Mikkeller collab lager glass & silver print tulip)
– Kuhnhenn (various)
– Sante Adarius Tulip
– Three Floyds Teku

If you might be interested, shoot me a message...

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dude. good luck with the pappy hunt

Thanks, I am only sitting on a couple bottles that I'd not like to get rid of and I know for a fact would land one. I also have the entire set of BA Dark Lords x 2, but that's a whole other story...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At a Bells release party. Tried 14 bells brews. There's like 30 glasses here

Favorites were

Black note
50/50 cream and expedition
Expedition
Two hearted
Hopslam

Kalamazoo maybe next tier. Really close to expedition but the licorice shows.

The rye had tons of rye. Really interesting. Cherry stout was slightly sour but the cherry is well integrated. The quinnaean is a good pale ale. The third coast old ale is worth a buy but I wouldn't like a whole pint. Really interesting malty sweetness. More complex than the few old ales I've tried.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It really is. It adds this viscosity but the heat is so well hidden. The texture is the best out of any BA stout I've had. Like this creamy velvetiness.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i haven't bought any sort of beer in a while, but when or if it gets released again, i'm making that journey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads