• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score

Save your monies, buy Anti-Hero...

I find Anti-Hero to be just ok, but yes, it is a lot cheaper than hopslam.

While I don't think hopslam is quite worth all of the hype it gets, it certainly is a pretty damn good DIPA and is worth it for me to seek out a few six-packs when it comes out.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Did you go to the south loop Binny's? I'm surprised they still had some. I know the downtown and lincoln park locations were sold out.

Plum Market at Wells & Division had 7 cases on Thursday night when I stopped in. I got 2 six-packs from them and then another one from Galleria at North and Wells. 3 six-packs is enough for me.

Didn't check Binny's. Just called Warehouse right after I posted and they said they had "a bunch" so I wandered over at lunch time.

There were 2 more boxes on the floor (4x6packs), don't know if they had any more in stock, but they were limiting it to one pack per customer.

Heard binny's had some zombie dust this weekend.

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna have one of these next week...

P1250485.jpg

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had the Arcadia barrel aged porter and kunhenn cherry brune recently. Both were excellent. Age on the porter tempered everything and made it very balanced. The cherry brune is like.a more complex sweeter version of rodenbach grand cru. Delicious

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had the Arcadia barrel aged porter and kunhenn cherry brune recently. Both were excellent. Age on the porter tempered everything and made it very balanced. The cherry brune is like.a more complex sweeter version of rodenbach grand cru. Delicious

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this saint arnold endeavor ipa is amaaaaazing. dank, citrusy but more so like oranges than lemons and limes, really nice malty sweetness, but more balanced than a lot of IIPAs i've had recently. would be really happy if this was a local beer i could go to

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
save some beer for me, bro

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for you beer dudes: in New Jersey for the weekend and was grabbing some wine when I spotted a 1.5L bottle of 2011 Abbaye de St. Bon Chien for $35. I did a double-take because I'm used to Philly prices. (I think the place around the corner from me sells 750ml bottles for about $40). Is this the great deal that I think it is and should I snap it up or have I just grown accustomed to exorbitant prices?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that actually sounds like a relatively great deal. I'm used to seeing it for like 30 a 750. still bit expensive, but it would be nice to pop it open at a dinner party

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll go buy it. If I cave into temptation and open it when I'm drinking solo, havoc and headache will ensue

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score

Question for you beer dudes: in New Jersey for the weekend and was grabbing some wine when I spotted a 1.5L bottle of 2011 Abbaye de St. Bon Chien for $35. I did a double-take because I'm used to Philly prices. (I think the place around the corner from me sells 750ml bottles for about $40). Is this the great deal that I think it is and should I snap it up or have I just grown accustomed to exorbitant prices?

Not a bad deal for a currently hard to find vintage. Around here, it runs about $25-27 a bottle for either the 2007 (vintage release) or 2012 (current year) vintages. All other years have sold out. I found three bottles of the 2006 in the last few months and quickly snapped them up.

I'm no sure if it's just our distributor or if it's a brewery thing, but every year a vintage cellar release goes out, along with a fresh release. Thinking about picking up a case of the '07 before it's gone.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did Hopslam prices go way up this year ($17.99/6pk), or am I just not remembering correctly?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads