• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Since I'm the greatest son ever, I gave my dad my Oude Tart. He loved it.

So I'm drinking this
CAM00028_zps44ecc170.jpg

Really good stuff

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wootstout. Tastes like soy sauce. So tired of soy sauce stouts

I saw some narwhal. Worth a pick up?

Last edited:

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upstate ny

Mill St. Cobble Stone Stout from Toronto, or St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout out of Quebec are good. I don't know if you can get either of those without crossing the border. Brooklyn Milk Stout is quite delicious as well. Recently had American Brewing Caboose Oatmeal Stout, and it was good as well. Look for Fuller's London Porter if you can find it. I used to quite enjoy it, but have not seen it in years. If you ever come across Crannog Brewing's Back Hand of God stout, buy as much as you can. The brewery is small, and they have no intention of growing, so those they are currently supplying are pretty much the only ones they will supply. For my money, it might be the best stout in the world. You can get it on tap in Vancouver, and at a few stores, but outside BC I understand it's a very rare find indeed.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll look for those. Fullers London porter is tasty. I'm not a big fan of st Ambroise in general but I'll keep an eye out for the oatmeal stout.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cannery Brewing (Penticton, BC) does a Maple Stout. It's brilliant. It's quite sweet, so purists might scoff at it, but I've yet to meet a beer enthusiast who loves and knows porters (including stouts) like I do, and I give it a hearty thumbs up. It's great with cheese cake! On the subject of alarming the purists, Murphy's is an entirely enjoyable pint - had a keg of it for a St. Paddy's party once, and drank around 15 pints that day. Guinness Extra Stout is also underrated. It comes in a six pack of 355 mL bottles - not to be confused with the regular label. I don't fundamentally object to Guinness, itself either - it's often the best choice at your more ordinary drinking establishments.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Murphy's 16oz 4-pack cans as well. Rarely see it on tap. Don't recall ever having anything better than Green Flash's Double Stout though.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads