1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yeah if they are worn in you should be fine. Mostly shared my own personal experience for future purchasers.

2. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Just ordered some CCP tornados in reverse whale penis. Carol told me they will come in a special rice bag made of Javan Rhinoceros nutsack skin. Can't wait.

3. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Good buy!

Makes me a bit jealous, it's so damn hard to find CDiem's in my size. To this day, I still think they are some of the best boots made and they just never go out of style.

1 person likes this.
  4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

whats ST3 again?

5. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

Non-boot inquiry: anyone know what SS season MA+ did medium fit 5 pocket pants in 80%cotton/20%polyurethane? would like some input on the fabric and fit.

6. Pairate

Pairate Senior member

@psydle can probably answer this better since he's a A1923 wiki, but from what I gather it's one of the models for FW 14-15.

Quoted from pysdle's description of his ST3 Reverse Horse:
    Quote: One thing that's interesting is he notes that these run smaller than prior. I've been advised by PNP and Hide-M that DZA (FW13-14) and ST8 both run one size large in reverse horse and horse oil respectively. Maybe he can comment on how the stretch over time.

1 person likes this.
  7. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

i don't doubt his intentions, but the road to hell is paved with £3500 boots...

8. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you implying that despite his intentions he's going to get rich off 3500 pound boots?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  9. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Altieri is not in it to make money that's for sure. Nor has any of his previous endeavors been about money.

Selling a handful of boots in 2 stores is not going to make any significant amount of money any way you slice it, 4K or not.

10. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

perhaps my original comment was poorly phrased... never meant that he was just in it for the money

by "cash grab" i simply meant that M_Moria is overpriced; & regardless of intent, he's willingly participating in this environment of inflated retail

1 person likes this.
  11. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Agreed. People have this reactionary reaction to high prices and the intent of the high prices and the profit made from them. The real money is in mass produced products by third world countries. Economies of scale and bigger markets for low cost products.... pretty sure real life has validated this reality.

Edit:Yeah but crash grab implies that there is cash being grabbed. The lack of a market for m_moria boots means there's not much cash to grab. Also pretty sure m_moria doesn't have enough brand presence to add to any sort of larger environment or movement. If anything the fact that their attempt at pricing at that level and failing to build a successful market, e.g. one where demand outstrips production capacity/supply... probably is more a signal that that the market is not ready to bear such pricing which helps us.

BBS and RIck Owens and to some extent a1923/ccp/m.a.+/luc are much bigger culprits in the escalation of prices but really they are just playing the game and so far apparently the market will accommodate them. So are they villains or just making the smart play?

12. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

I hate to word it in this way because it's so corny but the guy is really making stuff right now that's tantamount to art. Those are sculptures and he, as an artist, can charge what he damn well pleases.

13. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

yeah – like i said, poor choice of phrase

but i agree he's not the villain here, & in a way i'm glad that the reaction has been largely negative. same with A1923; I know a lot of stores have limited their A1923 buy due to pricing.

& fuck art, that's a cop-out

14. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Again... I'd say Rick Owens is a much bigger culprit. Far more significant brand awareness and reach hence the impact. Also they've consistently raised prices while lowered quality in terms of production/materials. a1923 at least is still producing a quality product.. if anything the quality/design is getting better. But its everyone including non-"dark" designers. I would point the finger at YSL before I'd point my finger at any of the brands mentioned.

15. twdawson

twdawson Senior member

fair enough ... i agree Rick & YSL et al. are the larger problem. i remember reading on SZ about someone's recent Barney's trip, & how the quality was simply garbage

it's just frustrating from an outsider's perspective i guess. i don't want to spend more than $1500 on a pair of boots; so what am i, chopped liver?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  16. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Rick has actually lowered prices a bit with the move to production in Moldova. Other items have remained roughly the same price wise
    Leathers can be had for $2000 retail where in 2008-09 they were all $2800+
    Quality is still ridiculous for the price - I haven't owned a single Rick item that didn't require repair sooner than it should have..
    And A1923 boots are a good deal compared to the clothing - what part of the jackets and pants makes them worth that much money?

17. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Grin, as a big proponent of the clothes.... i really like the execution, materials and design/cut (especially the fit). My wool/ramie a1923 pants are by far my favorite. albeit they did basically split in half because the crotch seam ripped apart completely my first wear, but after i had it repaired they are the best ;p

I haven't handled some of the heaviest/densest/stiffest ccp fabrics e.g. WAR-EDGE or some shit, but of what I do have in the non leather department I do like the fabrics used more than the luc/m.a.+/ccp I have handled. For the soft fabrics, e.g.. wool tweed blazer, alright Harnden is a better value, as ridiculous a statement as Harnden + value is.

But the wool/ramie blazer/pants I have as well as the cotton selvedge jacket... I've liked both much more than my CCP non-leather pieces.

Granted.... I'm heavily biased since the cut of his stuff seems to just work really well with my body shape.

18. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Nothying. I say this while liking Simone's stuff, but everything he's produced has been a rip off from another designer with the price shot through the roof. He's an incredibly talented counterfeiter. Stick with Bergfabel.

1 person likes this.
  19. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yeah Bergfabel is probably a much better value. It's cleaner than PH which makes for a better comparison to a1923. Neither a1923 or bergfabel's fabrics are as nice as PH's so it's a closer comparison and given that bergfabel is half the cost....

20. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

If anyone is looking to buy from PNP, I have some credit (€275) and would appreciate it being freed up. PM me and we can take it from there!