• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heck yea…….

View attachment 1844244

Took this the other day as I was debating whether to stay flat or go round (ultimately went round). I love brass hardware, it simply doesn’t fit my style as much on boots with hooks.
Round laces to me are what complete Alden boots. Which laces are those? GG?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SonnyTheElder

Reaction score
What's up Alden family. Quick question. These indys are just coming up on its one year mark and I noticed my sole was separating at the toe yesterday.

I've reached out to AoM about this this morning and am awaiting a response. But my question is, is this something AoM and alden should be addressing as it appears to be a manufacturing defect or is this something I need to take care of myself and is more wear and tear related.

These haven't been roughly worn. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The same thing has happened to my Wick boots from Snake Oil Provisions, which I purchased earlier this year and haven't worn very heavily. I'll probably keep wearing them unless the problem severely worsens, but no issues thus far.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Round laces to me are what complete Alden boots. Which laces are those? GG?

Yeah, I always contemplate staying flat but generally go round. These are the 48” laces from AE. Unfortunately they no longer carry them. Whenever I move a pair of boots I take my round ones out and swap new Alden flat ones. As such, fortunately for me, I still have a decent inventory for whenever something new lands.

Really wish AE would reconsider.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I always contemplate staying flat but generally go round. These are the 48” laces from AE. Unfortunately they no longer carry them. Whenever I move a pair of boots I take my round ones out and swap new Alden flat ones. As such, fortunately for me, I still have a decent inventory for whenever something new lands.

Really wish AE would reconsider.

I know that they have had a lot of issues sourcing laces since 2020. I want to say they have changed lace suppliers at least twice since then?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed out on the original natty Higgins, so these fiberboard boots will just have to do.

IMG_20221014_142515228_HDR.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wanted to do a short follow-up on my request for a replacement source of the alabaster laces AE used to sell, along with other colors. Colors are needed and they currently only offer brown and black. I ended up at shoelacesexpress.com and they had a wide array of colors, which is important for the current group of people ordering shell in blue, green, chili and other colors. I was pleased with my tan laces, but they also offer similar colors such as light brown and cognac if I chose to dial it in a little closer. The last BIG difference is that the company has standard and optional metal ends for their laces and allow you to order custom lengths in case your fit is not standard and you want a little longer or shorter. Cost for two pairs of 30" standard laces is $10.48.

IMG_2261.jpg

I re-post this from the AE thread because I also used their 48 inch laces for my Alden boots. The shoelaces express has boot laces at 45 inches and other lengths. If you need 48, they will custom make them in any length you desire.

jayteee

Reaction score
Indys in their intended environment: Climbing desert peaks in the Middle East near ancient inscriptions and ruins.

Scaled boulders with the original neoprene soles with admirable grip.

The red desert dust came off with moderate brushing and a dab of water in the welts.

Attachments

• indy.jpg
    indy.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A really productive Saturday so far. Got my run in, yard work, and out running errands. First stop is my favorite coffee shop in my old neighborhood. Really hard to discreetly take shoe pic’s but here goes. TSM Cigar Tankers…….

5FC869D8-64FF-4AA7-B9B1-FD8708E0BA73.jpeg

Even got a compliment on them. And the best part, it came from the opposite sex:) (always my target audience).

Happy Saturday gang.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The same thing has happened to my Wick boots from Snake Oil Provisions, which I purchased earlier this year and haven't worn very heavily. I'll probably keep wearing them unless the problem severely worsens, but no issues thus far.
grooveK said:
What's up Alden family. Quick question. These indys are just coming up on its one year mark and I noticed my sole was separating at the toe yesterday.

That reminds me - same thing happened to a pr I have. Alden will fix them if you send them in. Or, just apply some good contact cement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads