• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have located several pre-order lists at Brogueshop.com and another at Standard and Strange. These worked out well and I ordered shoes from both, one shell and one calf. Can anyone suggest any other dealers that have listed upcoming make up orders that are still open? I am looking for shoe options as opposed to boots. Many thanks, especially for any links.
I would email Yenni at Brick+Mortar. She has a list of upcoming makes on her website.

shunted22

Reaction score
Today's acquisition!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Hey guys, Innsbruck Indy's just arrived! We've got 13 preorder customers to email later today. And I've got some open stock available: there's one unit per size, except for two units of 9.5 and two units of 11.5. This is most likely our only delivery of the season for this style. Posting it here so you guys see it before it's emailed out. The deets are: Brown CXL upper, bright brass eyes & hooks, commando sole, Tru-Balance last We got two sizes in the batch that we didn't anticipate as well: a 6D and an 11E. So if these are your sizes, we've got them ready to go!
Great looking boots Mike.
Great looking Ravello LHSes Prof! Looking good and classy at once!
Two years of wear. Edit: left boot darkened by motorcycle shifter BTW.
Nice looking Indy Boots. Love the shifter marks. :)
Once I got over the ZOMG #2 LWB! I realized...I don't find these particularly attractive. Maybe my addiction for rare shell has crested. Also, did mdubs wear the same pair of socks two days in arow? :smarmy:
Hah! I have about 5 pairs of the Navy Marcoliani socks split between the two basic materials, so it doesn't surprise me that I grabbed the same style. But, no, not the same exact pair. I have the same situation with the Brown Argyles since those are my favorite to staples.
Will be watching that auction too, Namors pics always made me love that model.
Yes, those are great, NAMOR, DV, and Z all have them.
Sporting my favorite pair of Aldens (that I own) today...
Ravello Wingtip Boots, Barrie, TSM
There is a good reason they are your favs. They are Gorgeous.
It's not super super rare horse butt, but these gunboats saw some good use yesterday. It's funny how much lighter they are than my cordovan 975s.
Looking great today Pepper in the always awesome LWB!
Today's acquisition!
Congratulations on your boots, they look stellar! -Mike

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have located several pre-order lists at Brogueshop.com and another at Standard and Strange. These worked out well and I ordered shoes from both, one shell and one calf. Can anyone suggest any other dealers that have listed upcoming make up orders that are still open? I am looking for shoe options as opposed to boots. Many thanks, especially for any links.

I would email Yenni at Brick+Mortar.  She has a list of upcoming makes on her website.  

Thanks. I have spoken to Yenni and there are great shoes, but B+ M does not seem to do EEE widths. I have been having to find a new offer and get my order in right away. Alden only allows 3 widths in a custom order. If I get there late the C, D and E widths are already in the order and they cannot add the EEE as it would be a fourth width. It sucks.

wooksb

Reaction score
4311952ad1762f60bcecabd6d50a4270.jpg

These were waiting for me when I got back from a trip

b29ae2f7c2eb259e7330bb0e79c18565.jpg

Side by side with the C&J Lindrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Side by side with the C&J Lindrick

Kind of makes you want to go on trips more often...
biggrin.gif

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen,

Am I safe to assume that an 11C on the Trubalance last is about equal to an 11D in general terms?

Thanks

I'd say no, but I'm sometimes in the majority here. I'd say it will fit you the same at the widest part of your foot as a D width in any other boot. However, the toe area doesn't taper as fast as some other lasts, and doesn't chisel or go to a point as quickly as some other lasts. I find that I wear a 10.5E in most shoes, no matter the last.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NST Tanker Anique Welt Color 8 on Truebalance. Looks like an Indy to me with split toe. This boot doesn't know what it wants to be... But being my first Truebalance .. I like them very much and the look of the boot appeals to me.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

5b8fd9faf72aaa6a0db1a06752841d58.jpg
Looking superb Don! Navy Suede Tassels rock.
Side by side with the C&J Lindrick Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like you should go on travel more often. Nice looking boots. Are those the Brick+Mortar Wingtips?
Needed to break out the 975 casually today.
You did very well with them today Burz!
NST Tanker Anique Welt Color 8 on Truebalance. Looks like an Indy to me with split toe. This boot doesn't know what it wants to be... But being my first Truebalance .. I like them very much and the look of the boot appeals to me.
Your Boots are looking very good. They are essentially an Indy Boot with the toe stitch. -Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads