• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick, but the "I'm new" excuse doesn't really fly after being in business for 4 years (or is it more?), especially when people spend a good amount of money on your products. I love your shirts, but chalking bad fabrics or bad fits (in the case of old chinos) as learning experiences isn't cool in my opinion.

How else are you going to learn what fit is appropriate for you, if you don't end up having a "learning experience"?

sharkminusbear

Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick, but the "I'm new" excuse doesn't really fly after being in business for 4 years (or is it more?), especially when people spend a good amount of money on your products. I love your shirts, but chalking bad fabrics or bad fits (in the case of old chinos) as learning experiences isn't cool in my opinion.
Created an account to post this? Tell us how you really feel.

Mauro has been awesome from the start and has always gone out of the way to make things right if a certain fabric or fit is off. I really don't know what prompted this, but starting a sentence with "Not trying to be a dick" doesn't really help your case.

Ecco

Reaction score
Guys don't sleep on the new lounge pant or hoodie because that fabric is the ****. The lounge pant is sized perfectly so go TTS (I.E. Your waist measurement at the navel is the size you should get), with room in the top block and tapered to the leg opening.

I'm going to grab the knickers in that fabric as soon as they come out.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe the fit on the chino's he's referring to was pretty much universally disliked (something with the seat shape?), making it a pattern issue rather than a personal fit issue. I didn't own them though, so don't know.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not trying to be a dick, but the "I'm new" excuse doesn't really fly after being in business for 4 years (or is it more?), especially when people spend a good amount of money on your products.  I love your shirts, but chalking bad fabrics or bad fits (in the case of old chinos) as learning experiences isn't cool in my opinion.

I am really sorry you feel this way. I stand behind all my products 150%. The old chinos weren't to my satisfaction but I am a perfectionist. The construction , fabric, and trim used on the chinos were great.
I believe the majority of people that purchased the chinos loved them same with my shorts. I am much more translucent in my business practices than most. I have don't have anything to hide. If I feel something is off it's my opinion but it doesn't mean the people who buy my product feel that way. If for any reason there is an issue I feel addressing it head is the best way to go about doing business. If you think for one second that other brands ( no matter how high or low end) don't experience the same problems I do you live in a dream world. Human error is always present when dealing with humans.
Did you ever own a pair of the old chinos? If so could you please tell me in your opinion what was wrong with them? The old chinos were made 3 years ago. My company has matured and evolved since then but if you cared to look at the construction of the actual garment, it's solid work. I can't make a magic fit for everyone. If I could I would be the worlds richest man.
In regards to being a "New" brand it's true. I am considered in the business new until about 5 years or 10 seasons. I still have time. In the meantime, I will continue to use the best factories and am always looking for new ones that can better my product for my customers.
I am not sure where your comment came from but thank you for liking my shirts. You might want to try my pants, you might like them just as much as the shirts, but to dig up the chinos from 3 years ago is a little bizarre. You are entitled to your feelings and again my apologies. If you want to email me at [email protected] or call me at 703.582.5966 you may. We can talk about clothing construction and what I am doing. I can even send you a pair of " bloodline" trousers you can experience some of the best hand made chinos for yourself. I am willing to do that for you.
In the mean time I will continue to learn and evolve making the best possible garment .

Best,

Mauro

svat69

Reaction score
hey, just had a few questions.

is there any word on when some of the shirts will be coming in t-rex arms? I would be really interested in those and am pretty excited about that.

also are the shorts planned for march goimg to come in the previously mentioned thunder thighs option?

I also was wondering, since shipping to canada is a little more expensive, if I were to grab a few preorder items from the newsletter with some shorts, could I just wait until the next newsletter with some short sleeve shirts, order a couple of those and then combine the order into one? I live in alberta canada so I wont be able to wear them anyway and wouldnt mind waiting on the shorts.

thanks, sorry if thats confusing:satisfied:!

Munki

Reaction score
In response to BobSaget, yes I just made this account since I've been a lurker. My post was in response to autoantonym's question/reply and reading over the thread, since I don't come here often. Not gonna keep arguing since I don't even think my post was that critical.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hey, just had a few questions.

is there any word on when some of the shirts will be coming in t-rex arms? I would be really interested in those and am pretty excited about that.

also are the shorts planned for march goimg to come in the previously mentioned thunder thighs option?

I also was wondering, since shipping to canada is a little more expensive, if I were to grab a few preorder items from the newsletter with some shorts, could I just wait until the next newsletter with some short sleeve shirts, order a couple of those and then combine the order into one? I live in alberta canada so I wont be able to wear them anyway and wouldnt mind waiting on the shorts.

thanks, sorry if thats confusing:satisfied:!

T-rex is coming along slowly. I would expect something in two months. The question is how much arm length to deduct one inch or two and what to do to the body. Those are the big hang ups.
Once the "Thunder Thigh " Block is complete shorts will be made.
I can't promise shorts in a proper time compared to all the shirts but I can hold goods that are paid for as long as you want.

In response to BobSaget, yes I just made this account since I've been a lurker.  My post was in response to autoantonym's question/reply and reading over the thread, since I don't come here often.  Not gonna keep arguing since I don't even think my post was that critical.

I appreciate that and I think everyone should let it drop. That being said I really would appreciate you emailing me or calling. I am so easy to talk to and don't mind what you said. I just don't like leaving bad tastes in peoples mouth. I am sincere about sending your trousers. I want you to not only love my shirts but everything I make. Mistakes happen it's unavoidable but correcting this issue and making it right is what's important.
I hope to hear from you.

Best,

Mauro

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
The t-rex arms is the same as buff guy fit? I think the hardest part about that is how much to give to the chest measurement, but also taking into account larger lats and back. Tough, glad I don't gonna figure it out ^_^

joshg8

Reaction score
Really excited about the railroad stripe chambray and khaki floral. First orders as a loyalty member!
I got the same two shirts! I'm really excited as well.

On the topic of being super excited about WvG shirts, my sister got with Mauro to deliver a very special birthday surprise for me:

I joined the WvG membership club after Mauro's AMA on reddit, and at the time the Hedgehog Corduroy shirt was on the website but sold out pretty much entirely (definitely gone in my size). I fell in love with it anyway, and asked Mauro a few times about the possibility of snagging one: no dice, shirts were gone, fabric was gone, couldn't get more. I shared the pain with my older sister, who evidently spent the next 6 weeks or so working with Mauro, friends, and the internet to track down a bit of the fabric and by god she did it. She found something like 6 yards available in London, had some sent to Mauro who special cut a Medium B/D for me in this awesome sold out fabric. She just surprised me with it today and I was floored, I'm ecstatic right now and will be wearing the hell out of that shirt, starting with casual Friday tomorrow.

Thanks again Mauro! Just more proof that he cares greatly about his customers and products.

mothball

Reaction score

I got the same two shirts! I'm really excited as well.

On the topic of being super excited about WvG shirts, my sister got with Mauro to deliver a very special birthday surprise for me:

I joined the WvG membership club after Mauro's AMA on reddit, and at the time the Hedgehog Corduroy shirt was on the website but sold out pretty much entirely (definitely gone in my size).  I fell in love with it anyway, and asked Mauro a few times about the possibility of snagging one: no dice, shirts were gone, fabric was gone, couldn't get more.  I shared the pain with my older sister, who evidently spent the next 6 weeks or so working with Mauro, friends, and the internet to track down a bit of the fabric and by god she did it.  She found something like 6 yards available in London, had some sent to Mauro who special cut a Medium B/D for me in this awesome sold out fabric.  She just surprised me with it today and I was floored, I'm ecstatic right now and will be wearing the hell out of that shirt, starting with casual Friday tomorrow.

Thanks again Mauro! Just more proof that he cares greatly about his customers and products.

Okay this was really cool.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Created an account to post this? Tell us how you really feel.

Mauro has been awesome from the start and has always gone out of the way to make things right if a certain fabric or fit is off. I really don't know what prompted this, but starting a sentence with "Not trying to be a dick" doesn't really help your case.

The point, I think, is that for some people it's effortless. Like Ted Williams hitting a slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads