• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He is ******* with you. I am seriously surprised this thread hasn't been nuked yet.
Fok must be super busy. It's coming down for sure.

JVK1

Reaction score
Blazer looks really impressive. Any idea of a rough price tag/when preorders might go up?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't want to give a firm price been burned to many times. However a solid range is between $600.00 and $850.00 retail.
The preorder will be on the lower side of range for sure. It will start in a week. It has to close by May 10th so I can get everything to everyone in July.
The construction is the best I can offer for semi hand work. All the blazers are able to be altered. Sleeves and body.

The summer cotton blazers are made with mother of pearl buttons and are in the upper side of the range and that's only because of the fabric. For anyone in San Diego you could wear it all year around.
Hopefully this helps a little more.
I am only ale 10 blue and 10 light gray if they sell well I will makeover colors. Since the fabric needs to be knitted I can make any color I choose.

trafficjam

Reaction score
Can you speak to the cut on the trousers? Are they gonna be super slim like the current round of chinos or a bit more relaxed?

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is 11 fold better than 5 or 9 or whatever?

Better? It's a very long and subjective topic just like most of fashion.
It's like comparing an Austin Martin to a Honda Accord. By no means is there anything wrong with an Accord. It's subjectively good looking. It goes to point A to point B and it's easy to maintain. It has nice features. However it's not a fine tune driving machine like the Austin Martin. The Austin Martin is a car for the person who demands excellence ( again subjective). The leather in the seats are better. The tires are better. The design is sleek and demands respect, but it's the craftsmanship that really makes it what it is. Not to mention a beautiful engine.
I probably did a poor job comparing the two.

Not many people even have the skill set to make an 11 fold tie. It's a true art.

The 3 and 5 fold tie is the norm. around 7 ***** starts to get real. Most 3 to 5 fold ties are machined. My ties including my 5 fold are all hand done with the exception of my self tipped ties. All the non-tipped ties are 100% hand folded and sewn. The tipped ties are still hand folded but the tipping requires some machining.

The folds themselves are an issue. The more silk ( or whatever) and the more folds should naturally cause more bulk. To much bulk in a tie can create a poor knot or a poor desired look. That's when the skill level of a true artisan comes into play. If you have a 9 or 11 fold tie without the bulk and the tie achieves your desired knot and drape , well sir that's a good thing and it's an impressive feat.

I will have two blog posts about ties that should sum things up better for everyone in the next few days.

What's an Austin Martin?

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does no one remember about 4 weeks ago when someone created a huge hassle over Mauro trying to do a solid and giving a price estimate and the subsequent minor difference?

2b06.png
This leads to the next.

Wait, the thread is still shutting down? I'm so confused.

Can you blame him? The just pure number of fucksticks asking ridiculous and obnoxious questions they would never dare to ask other designers who don't care or pay half the attention Mauro does. I'm amazed he's stuck around this long.

callmeRichard

Reaction score
He is ******* with you. I am seriously surprised this thread hasn't been nuked yet.
Fok must be super busy. It's coming down for sure.
Sucks the thread is going to shut down. Hopefully you'll take advantage of IG a bit more. That would be perfect for previews of what's coming. I've been enjoying the shots from Italy as well... and I'm excited about the polo news.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
2b06.png
This leads to the next.
Can you blame him? The just pure number of fucksticks asking ridiculous and obnoxious questions they would never dare to ask other designers who don't care or pay half the attention Mauro does. I'm amazed he's stuck around this long.
On the flipside, I wonder how many people would've never tried this brand had it not been for this thread. I'm one of them.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What Mauro is failing to tell everyone is that this particular thread is shutting down but apparently a new one is being created.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What Mauro is failing to tell everyone is that this particular thread is shutting down but apparently a new one is being created.
Is that just the CM thread or is there going to be a new SW&D thread?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not need for confusion.
This thread is being deleted. A new WvG official affiliate thread is being created. Fok will nuke this and we will start from scratch. A lot of excess baggage is on this thread. Things have been really good for awhile and there is no need for off topic discussion on the thread.
I have hired 2 girls who will field a lot of the questions. I will also step back from the new thread and focus on what I love to do. Learn about and create high quality clothing.
We are also currently working on a denim contest that should be a good time. That will be its own thread. Once that takes off WvG will create another thread for the MC side. That thread will focus on more tailored items. I.e. Suits, blazers, ties, formal shirts, etc.....
The SW&D side will be for jeans, cords, chinos, tees, and the slutty items like scoop neck shirts .

The knit pants will be hybrid of the Enzo and Predator or you will have a Paul option. I am really doing my best to offer enough fits without losing focus on what the brand is about. I think I have a good job with the Enzo, predator, and Paul.
Obviously it makes since for your jacket to match your pants for balance. It would look silly to have a regular fit jackets and Enzo trousers or an Enzo trouser and regular jacket .
One thing for sure is the pant style in Italy is beyond skinny. I don't even know how some of the guys and girls get their pants up.

Newsletter for the ties drops today. Rewards members and tie lovers will find the pricing more than fair. On Monday a general newsletter will go out for the people who subscribed to the newsletter with a code. Again tie lovers will enjoy a very nice price.

Polo's are going I to round two of fitting and I am happy with the progress. Hopefully I will have pics for the new sweatshirt and hoodie.

Back to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads