• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Agree, I brought my RING JACKET MTM to PL to imitate, it's........like 80% there.

It's not bad at all.

Ring Jacket is different level as Tom Ford. Tom Ford has quite unique cutting style plus higher level construction method such as slight pagoda / rope shoulder, bigger sleevehead into a small armhole. Tons of hand works involve. Tom Ford had worked in Anderson and Sheppard before, he used similar method to make his own label suit. If you like Tom Ford style with better fitting to your body, go to Anderson and Sheppard. I doubt any tailors in HK can really make a nice copy of Tom Ford suit.

Wongtouski

Reaction score

Ring Jacket is different level as Tom Ford. Tom Ford has quite unique cutting style plus higher level construction method such as slight pagoda / rope shoulder, bigger sleevehead into a small armhole. Tons of hand works involve. Tom Ford had worked in Anderson and Sheppard before, he used similar method to make his own label suit. If you like Tom Ford style with better fitting to your body, go to Anderson and Sheppard. I doubt any tailors in HK can really make a nice copy of Tom Ford suit.

Well of course you're correct, TBH if they had any of the A&H skills they wouldn't be copying anyone else's stuff. But if you're just shooting for a similar silhouette then I don't think its a big deal.

Plus if you can afford a TF suit WTF are you doing getting your other suits copied?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very bold words Mr car.

I worn Tom Ford before and I can confirm that their shoulder is just classicly roped without any curve.

Actually there are places that can make the special silk buttonhole in Hong Kong. It is possible to have a 'bespoke' Tom Ford at Hong Kong.

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Very bold words Mr car.

I worn Tom Ford before and I can confirm that their shoulder is just classicly roped without any curve.

Actually there are places that can make the special silk buttonhole in Hong Kong. It is possible to have a 'bespoke' Tom Ford at Hong Kong.

Maybe your tailor, Mr Hui can make it?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe your tailor, Mr Hui can make it?

Haha, Mr Hui can't make those special buttonholes. However, I knew the contractor lady at WW Chan and Dream Bespoke (I have seen it in their Facebook) can make those nice buttonholes at a reasonable extra.

I have seen Chan copied a Tom Ford classic bas A peak lapel before and it actually looks even better than the real Tom Ford.

Recently, I have asked Hui and he can provide those stiff canvass for the trouser waistband.

I personally never convert the fit of RTW into bespoke, this is because RTW looks pretty 2D and does not move as fluid as a good bespoke.

However, I do understand and believe it is a good idea to convert design features from RTW to bespoke e.g. cut of lapel, area of pick-stitching...etc

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Haha, Mr Hui can't make those special buttonholes. However, I knew the contractor lady at WW Chan and Dream Bespoke (I have seen it in their Facebook) can make those nice buttonholes at a reasonable extra.

I have seen Chan copied a Tom Ford classic bas A peak lapel before and it actually looks even better than the real Tom Ford.

Recently, I have asked Hui and he can provide those stiff canvass for the trouser waistband.

I personally never convert the fit of RTW into bespoke, this is because RTW looks pretty 2D and does not move as fluid as a good bespoke.

However, I do understand and believe it is a good idea to convert design features from RTW to bespoke e.g. cut of lapel, area of pick-stitching...etc

Hi add911, can you show us some photos wearing your Tom Ford suits? It may help me to understand 2D.

Wongtouski

Reaction score

Can you show us the copy of Ring Jacket by PL? How much does PL charge?

I'll try to snap some pics tonight.

More info, I practically gave them my RJ suit, told them to make a Wool / Cotton / Seersucker suit (3 total)

I remember the cost being the same as a regular CMT fully canvassed price....like 5K+ HKD

Again it's not perfect as they were apprehensive about copying some details exactly i.e. label width.

Last edited:

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'll try to snap some pics tonight.

More info, I practically gave them my RJ suit, told them to make a Wool / Cotton / Seersucker suit (3 total)

I remember the cost being the same as a regular CMT fully canvassed price....like 5K+ HKD

Again it's not perfect as they were apprehensive about copying some details exactly i.e. label width.

Thank you so much, highly appreciated.

blackers

Reaction score
Just a follow up from my post a few weeks ago. I have finished my first suit at Dream Bespoke and I am very pleased with the result.

It is a navy blue chalk stripe suit in Harrison's Frontier fabric. $6,800 for 2 piece, I got an extra pair of trousers for $8,700 total.

The fit is perfect, I had four fittings in total although the last two were very minor tweaks. The back is absolutely smooth, soft shoulders, fairly conservative style. I would post photos but to be honest I am a bit scared to. I'm pretty confident in it though.

I was particularly pleased with my choice of Harrison's Frontier. I'm moving to Melbourne, Australia later this year and went for this fabric with the idea that it would be a good weight for that climate almost all year around and judging by the finished product I was spot on. I wore it last week in Hong Kong in 20-something degree thunderstorms and it was perfect - a nice medium weight and warmth. It is a slightly rough fabric to the touch, which I like, somehow seems more English as opposed to those sleek shiny Italian fabrics. It seems super durable. I will probably get my next suit in this fabric too as my existing suits are all fairly lightweight.

Ricky's service is just impeccable. This guy was born to sell suits, and I mean that in a good way. He is friendly - he remembers your name on your second visit. He is knowledgeable and willing to spend time to show you his work - he showed me the canvassing and examples of the various stages of construction. He offers opinions on style but also listens to your instructions.

Lastly I can assure you I am not a DB shill - if only DB would offer hefty discounts for SF feedback - just a happy customer.

borbor

Reaction score
Lol, I am having the same one made by him in a couple of weeks. Just gotta get my buddy to deliver him the fabric that is sitting in my closet.

Xancatrius

Reaction score
Hi Guys, do you know which AC shop to head to that has the best service/who I should look for?

Read in the thread a while ago that some posters didn't have very good experiences with certain AC employees.

Also, what would be the minimum lead time for an AC shirt? I understand there is a 3 shirt minimum order.

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Regarding the special lapel buttonholes similar to Tom Ford. I had talked to one lady who hand made button holes for top end tailors in HK. She said it will takes over 2 hours to make one. Therefore, she charge $100 for one buttonholes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads