• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Hello, don't even read or pay attention to what I say here about basting because I'm just a one-coat loser who doesn't know dong about but learns tailoring at the same time:
View attachment 1833617 View attachment 1833618 View attachment 1833619

As for Ng -- he uh, he hires master-basters to master-baste. Two hours of master-basting (the Mirador guy really went at it!) got me this:
View attachment 1833620

Notice the just-camera-angle-and-weight-and-wrinkle-but-why-not-pres-then differences in basting.

What are those traces of basting for? More on that shortly! Don't read this though. I'm a loser whose tricks don't work.😉

you did not prove anything! I don't see unmatched square!

Last edited:

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
just proved your nonsense. wrinkles and folds?
you are now pointing to the problem of your sample:

3-jpg.1833301
🎵 Desperado, I should have come to my senses:
You're so correct I'm so wrong I'm so sorry does it make you happier?🙇‍♂️
View attachment 1833303
I'll keep reminding myself to listen to you🙏🏼👌🏼
🎵 only you can make my wrinkles right

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
you cannot prove anything, you can only repeat nonsense, you failed already.
Just as you say man... don't tell others. Shush
20220918_162248.jpg

Just between Ng and me man but you can keep commenting until you feel happier😄 Family day dude be a family guy don't be like me, a loser, and respond to a loser

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Just as you say man... don't tell others. Shush
View attachment 1833622
Just between Ng and me man but you can keep commenting until you feel happier😄 Family day dude be a family guy don't be like me, a loser, and respond to a loser

your deal with ng is between ng and you only. no one cares.

we look at matching squares, this is not about your deal, this is open, you share photos of your jacket. you don't like people to make comments on your shared photos?

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
your deal with ng is between ng and you only. no one cares.

we look at matching squares, this is not about your deal, this is open, you share photos of your jacket. you don't like people to make comments on your shared photos?
Ohhhhhh like you'd no longer make comments on my pics if I say I don't welcome comments because Ng is good all the time?🥜🍿🥜🍿🥜🍿

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Dude you're keeping me busy man... you're interacting with a loser who's been overreactinggggggggggg! Your take will always be in my mind. Remembering Peke

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh like you'd no longer make comments on my pics if I say I don't welcome comments because Ng is good all the time?🥜🍿🥜🍿🥜🍿
you failed to prove unmatched squares.

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Hello, don't even read or pay attention to what I say here about basting because I'm just a one-coat loser who doesn't know dong about but learns tailoring at the same time:
View attachment 1833617 View attachment 1833618 View attachment 1833619

As for Ng -- he uh, he hires master-basters to master-baste. Two hours of master-basting (the Mirador guy really went at it!) got me this:
View attachment 1833620

Notice the just-camera-angle-and-weight-and-wrinkle-but-why-not-pres-then differences in basting.

What are those traces of basting for? More on that shortly! Don't read this though. I'm a loser whose tricks don't work.😉
More on these useless basting threads:

DON'T EVER IN YOUR LIFE LOOK FOR THESE TRACES WHICH DO NOT SERVE A SINGLE PURPOSE IN YOUR BASTE FITTING SESSION AT ALL. They're not supposed to help you (and your sifu / cutter / whoever else) see how different components of a clothing item would sit on or hug different parts of your body AND WILL DEFINITELY NOT show you where pockets would end up (as pictured). In other words, they do not show balance. If they look off, your jacket is in good hands and you can skip that basting session and just take that baste home. In fact, basting isn't even necessary before the pieces get sewn (suits should not even sewn for that matter).

Fire your tailor in the hoe (did I spell it right?) if they have the audacity to show you these hideous marks of master-bas-tion!

Like, like just who'd wear this (just kidding Zhangli. You guys are awesome and it must have taken you more than mere hours for the basting alone):
Screenshot_20220918-165623_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Congratulations, you have successfully proved that you will keep responding regardless!

You've been awarded with a lifetime sponsorship of one-fitting-only suits from only you know who for your effort.

To the others who respond:
View attachment 1833623
what else can you say? it won't work!

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
More on these useless basting threads:

DON'T EVER IN YOUR LIFE LOOK FOR THESE TRACES WHICH DO NOT SERVE A SINGLE PURPOSE IN YOUR BASTE FITTING SESSION AT ALL. They're not supposed to help you (and your sifu / cutter / whoever else) see how different components of a clothing item would sit on or hug different parts of your body AND WILL DEFINITELY NOT show you where pockets would end up (as pictured). In other words, they do not show balance. If they look off, your jacket is in good hands and you can skip that basting session and just take that baste home. In fact, basting isn't even necessary before the pieces get sewn (suits should not even sewn for that matter).

Fire your tailor in the hoe (did I spell it right?) if they have the audacity to show you these hideous marks of master-bas-tion!

Like, like just who'd wear this (just kidding Zhangli. You guys are awesome and it must have taken you more than mere hours for the basting alone):
View attachment 1833624
Speaking of which, your fitter (presumably your cutter / baotou) might take minutes walking around and next to you, sometimes even while squatting, to check where darts and pockets end up and how smooth things are -- with wrinkles and folds

Pay attention to the basting threads around the waistline too: are they level or do the ones at the center front go up?
Screenshot_20220918-165623_Instagram.jpg

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Speaking of which, your fitter (presumably your cutter / baotou) might take minutes walking around and next to you, sometimes even while squatting, to check where darts and pockets end up and how smooth things are -- with wrinkles and folds

Pay attention to the basting threads around the waistline too: are they level or do the ones at the center front go up?
View attachment 1833625
Just the angle -- full of wrinkles and folds and some stuff doesn't match! Some stuff, I swear!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads