• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Tdizzle

Reaction score
I think Mina is great and has done a great job. Remember you're working with a small company of friends who are growing the business and dealing with growing pains as they see success. Give them a chance to scale. If you expect top CS and your ego stroked, maybe buy from Amazon or something. If you want some great quality top notch threads designed in SF and built here or with a small family run shop in Portugal... buy TS.

I've seen some complaints about offshoring. Big difference between working with a factory in Bangladesh vs Portugal. The line workers at a factory in Bangladesh or China are typically jumping jobs every year or two and not generally happy or into what they're doing. They're pushing out as much product as they can and half asleep at the wheel. Quality wise, its hit or miss. Some of the best factories in the world are in China. Some of the worst are there too. People can be exploited with bonded labor practices, the environment can suffer for lack of regulation or enforcement, and there are questionable ethics at play. It's hard to know what you're getting. Long term relationships are required. You can almost guarantee though that factory workers are getting paid pretty poorly and are in it for the money in many places in China or Bangladesh manufacturing clothing. Working with a small factory in Portugal is probably a different story. You're likely working with a shop which has been in business in a small village for generations. The line worker is probably the cousin of the owner and a lifetime employee/ craftsman that takes pride in what they're doing and is involved in continuous improvement. They probably work way less hours, take a month off in August to surf windslop in Corfu, and drink way more Port. This probably translates to a better product and you are voting with your wallet on what kind of system you want to support.

Keep up the good work TS folks!

Last edited:

mikej77

Reaction score
Yes great job TS on the measurement charts. Now I realize I funded the wrong size camp pant but I'm sure I can get it fixed. Love the new update.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Mina is great and has done a great job. Remember you're working with a small company of friends who are growing the business and dealing with growing pains as they see success. Give them a chance to scale. If you expect top CS and your ego stroked, maybe buy from Amazon or something. If you want some great quality top notch threads designed in SF and built here or with a small family run shop in Portugal... buy TS.

I've seen some complaints about offshoring. Big difference between working with a factory in Bangladesh vs Portugal. The line workers at a factory in Bangladesh or China are typically jumping jobs every year or two and not generally happy or into what they're doing. They're pushing out as much product as they can and half asleep at the wheel. Quality wise, its hit or miss. Some of the best factories in the world are in China. Some of the worst are there too. People can be exploited with bonded labor practices, the environment can suffer for lack of regulation or enforcement, and there are questionable ethics at play. It's hard to know what you're getting. Long term relationships are required. You can almost guarantee though that factory workers are getting paid pretty poorly and are in it for the money in many places in China or Bangladesh manufacturing clothing. Working with a small factory in Portugal is probably a different story. You're likely working with a shop which has been in business in a small village for generations. The line worker is probably the cousin of the owner and a lifetime employee/ craftsman that takes pride in what they're doing and is involved in continuous improvement. They probably work way less hours, take a month off in August to surf windslop in Corfu, and drink way more Port. This probably translates to a better product and you are voting with your wallet on what kind of system you want to support.

Keep up the good work TS folks!
This is all true re: China. I think the key is the ethos of the brand vs. the exact country they source from. If TS decided they were going to work with a factory in China, I'd trust in their decision because I imagine they'd be working more directly with the factory, would have vetted the factory, and that there'd be a reason that factory was especially good at making a particular garment.

The Buy USA thing is a legit component of the decision-making process on clothes. If you want manufacturing to grow in the U.S., that's one thing. But I honestly don't see how people think, I'm going to support a maker in Portugal over one in China. People are people. The companies they work for either make good products and treat their employees well or they don't. Clearly there are more ethically-run companies in Europe than in China, but it doesn't mean there aren't good ones around the world. And while the factory worker in China might be "in it for the money," that probably described 95% or more of the world.

Anyway, rant over. Buy from ethical, customer- and employee-centric retailers and the source of the good becomes less important.

Sudonihm

Reaction score
So I got my Henley. It's great but the wrong size. My fault as I am I between sizes and guessed wrong. After a long wait, I finally got an exchange/return link. When I go to exchange the size 38 Henley for a size 40, it doesn't show up. It's in stock on the website, but I can't even see any Henely on the list (in stock or out of stock). Sigh.

So if someone wants a size 38 or wants to trade a size 40 henley for a size 38, let me know. If not, I guess the Henley is going back to TS.

iantk

Reaction score
Quote: This is the exact issue I'm having.

If I could just get past this issue and submit the return my problem would be resolved. I'm not sure if the issue is because the pre-sale cost of the Henley is less than the full cost, or if there's some disconnect between inventory and the RMA system. It doesn't seem like a complicated bug, but I've spent two weeks waiting for a resolution.

Unfortunately I haven't heard back from support since Monday AM.

Ian.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
Merino sweatpants arrived unexpectedly (no notice :-( ) . USPS can be moronic sometimes...didn't even both to put the packed behind the storm door and just left it on the stoop - at night. On the awesome side, they feel ridiculously comfy...

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
This is the exact issue I'm having.

If I could just get past this issue and submit the return my problem would be resolved. I'm not sure if the issue is because the pre-sale cost of the Henley is less than the full cost, or if there's some disconnect between inventory and the RMA system. It doesn't seem like a complicated bug, but I've spent two weeks waiting for a resolution.

Unfortunately I haven't heard back from support since Monday AM.

Ian.
@iantk let me know if you still haven't heard. Hoping that got resolved.

The bug is a tad more complicated than you think but I'm working on a solution that should connect all the systems and be implemented by the end of this month. And a big shout out to @eljlakers who is not only well-versed in logistical issues but also a great guy for hopping on the phone.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
Merino sweatpants arrived unexpectedly (no notice :-( ) . USPS can be moronic sometimes...didn't even both to put the packed behind the storm door and just left it on the stoop - at night. On the awesome side, they feel ridiculously comfy...
@th3buhbuh nope, this is another one of the issues that will be fixed. Our logistics partner is not feeding information back into the back-bone of our system that is responsible for all key notifications a customer received (order & shipping confirmations, refunds, etc.)

Pinky promise. And it's all public. End of August most, if not all, of the issues we've been suffering through will be fixed.

iantk

Reaction score
@iantk let me know if you still haven't heard. Hoping that got resolved.

The bug is a tad more complicated than you think but I'm working on a solution that should connect all the systems and be implemented by the end of this month. And a big shout out to @eljlakers who is not only well-versed in logistical issues but also a great guy for hopping on the phone.
This is great to hear. I took a chance and used the store credit option, but with a note that I actually wanted to exchange for an XL. Fingers crossed a human being will see that and figure it out. Either way I was able to get a shipping label and the henley is in the mail.

Thanks for the response and help. Sorry for the impatience, I've been in the growth stage of a start-up or two and understand how tough scaling can be. At least it's a good problem to have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads