• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

RUFiO795

Reaction score
I'm a first-time potential orderer and trying to figure out my size...I wear a slim medium from J Crew, and I'm 5' 10.5", ~155 pounds. Does that make me a 38 or a 40? Seems like I might be in the in-between zone.

RUFiO795

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't specify: I'm looking at shirt sizing, in particular the California Everyday Chambray they're workshopping...the model wears a 40 and is my height but outweighs me by 15 pounds. Do I go for the 40 or the 38?

mistersparkle

Reaction score
well, my baja shirt and confetti chambray fit me good with a 42. So not sure why other shirts releases within months and even weeks of each other at the same size dont fit. But like you said, they offer great customer service and thats the reason I keep going back. If they ever get rid free shipping and returns I will be hesitant with more shopping but for now I love the product when the sizing is spot on like my older oxfords.

Most, if not all, their shirts are pre shrunk and I assume different fabrics will shrink to slightly different sizes. And if we're going for that snug fit, fabrics will stretch differently given their weave.

mistersparkle

Reaction score
I'm a first-time potential orderer and trying to figure out my size...I wear a slim medium from J Crew, and I'm 5' 10.5", ~155 pounds. Does that make me a 38 or a 40? Seems like I might be in the in-between zone.

Yeah you're in that in-between. I'd give customer service a call and see if they're cool with the "buy two, return one" idea. I'm roughly the same height/weight as you, and according to the size chart, I'd wear a 38, but my indigo star, work oxford, and would-have-been baja are all 40s.

jwbatusic

Reaction score

I'm the same height as you & 165. I've found the ts 40 to be comparable to a jcrew med slim. I have ts shirts in both 38 & 40. The 38s fit nice without an undershirt (arms are just barely long enough though). For the heavier shirts I prefer a 40 (like the chore shirt).

RUFiO795

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, peeps - I may just order a 38 and a 40 and play it by ear. Just wanted to confirm that there was no obvious choice for me.

RUFiO795

Reaction score
For what it's worth, just chatted with an extremely helpful customer service person on the site, and they told me that a 38 would be a perfect, "spot on" fit for me, and that a 40 would still be fine if I like a looser fit.

whatjones

Reaction score

For what it's worth, just chatted with an extremely helpful customer service person on the site, and they told me that a 38 would be a perfect, "spot on" fit for me, and that a 40 would still be fine if I like a looser fit.

Was just gonna say the same thing customer service said. I'm exactly the same body measurement as you and I wear 38. It a tiny bit snug with the heavier material like the Yosemite shirt, but all the hit points are spot on and have a nice slimming fit. But sizing up to the 40 also doesn't look like I'm swimming in it, it fits quite nice too with a bit more room and length.

dqm45

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with shipping to Canada? Have you been hit with duties/taxes?

I am looking at around 300 USD. Wondering whether to get it shipped Stateside to a friend's place.

stevefok

Reaction score
Cone Mills Utility Shirts came in and I am very happy with it. I am 5'7 and 145 lbs and I ordered a 38, I think it fits me quick well. I am planning to soak and wash it like TS suggested. Just wondering is it gonna shrink?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but am I not supposed to cut off the stitchs on the side?

Last edited:

shakemyhandplz

Reaction score
The stitches are a design quirk to show chain stitching, but if you don't like them you can always cut them off.

Last edited:

AmongThePines

Reaction score
My downsized replacement of the ISC shirt came today. This things fits perfect, it's even got a little extra room for shrinkage if that happens during a cold soak.

Thanks, TS. Looking forward to wearing the hell out of this thing.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
sacrilege!

We used to get complaints that we forgot to finish up the stitching on the sides on our utility shirts :) ... it was a staple of vintage work wear and makes for a cool conversation starter but if you don't like the style or just havin' em there, cutting em off wouldn't affect the shirt at all.

@stevefok it wouldn't shrink much, if at all. The soak is just so your whole house doesn't turn into a beautiful shade of indigo.
@RUFiO795 you sound to my ears like a 38. But get 2, make sure you get the size you love, and then return the one that doesn't fit. You'll make one customer very happy that missed out on grabbing a 40 while they were in stock.
@dqm45 I'm not well versed in the shipping laws but feel free to DM me and we can try to figure out a good remedy for your situation. 300 sounds like an outrageous cost we don't want you to incur.

Happy Monday folks.
mg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads