1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Nah, keep em tight. Everyone else offers overly loose wrists/jacket openings, which boggles my mind. The arm of a jacket/shirt looks better with a good taper, just like pants. I don't wear a watch though.

If you do end up loosening them, please offer an inner button for those of us that like it tight

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Don L

Don L Senior member

I'm all for tapered cuff but you should be able to get your hand through it without having to unbutton it in my opinion

1 person likes this.
  3. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

The corded indigo utility shirt is so nice!!

4. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Can anyone help me nail down sizing for the TS Utility Shirt?

Size 40 = 22" chest and 18" shoulder? And can the sleeves be shortened from the cuff?

Thanks.

5. summersteve

summersteve Active Member

Hey Gents!

I'm loving the commentary on the wrist openings.
    This is something we will look into as we continue to grow and offer different fabrics.

I hope everyone is liking the Utility Collection, it's the last collection you'll see launched like this before we make the move to monthly collections in 2017.

Have a great weekend fam!

6. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

Herringbone Utility still included in the Utility Collection?

How will the monthly collections work?

7. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

@summersteve Haven't you been doing monthly collections? What's the difference going to be?

Also, I know I teased about the number of long haul jackets being offered, but I'd honestly love a sherpa lined one (including the body) next year (preferably in black!)

1 person likes this.
  8. tacostacostacos

tacostacostacos New Member

I love Taylor Stitch, but the workshop sizing is killing me. As of right now, i have three models of the same size button down, all of which fit noticeably differently. I just received a fourth shirt from the workshop, again the same size, but this time doesn't fit me at all. I went back and checked the size charts, which are apparently the same for all items. I'd love to keep throwing my money at TS, because they make really great stuff, but I wish there were some consistent garment measurements. Really bummed I ordered my usual size and can't wear the end product. :(

2 people like this.
  9. meso

meso Senior member

The problem that never goes away. Does TS check sizing of samples against fit models? It seems... unlikely?

1 person likes this.
  10. Big-F

Big-F New Member

Hey guys,

has anyone attempted to remove the chest pockets of the moss Maritime shirt ? I find them too big, yet I really like everything else about the garment (fabric, colour, fit).
    I've successfully removed pockets and patches on jackets and jumpers before, but their weave was looser. So I wonder if this would leave odd stitching marks.

Cheers

11. summersteve

Have a Happy and Safe Holiday season Fam!

Feel free to shoot me any messages about product or general TS policies.

The new year will be very exciting with the new release schedule.
    To clarify, all products will be released at the beginning of the month as opposed to throughout the duration of the month. This allows you to see the collections in their entirety while also giving you a bit more time to make your decision.

Take Care!

1 person likes this.
  12. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Jeez, that's gonna suck if you're not into the collection, but I guess there's always the limited releases to hold people over.

13. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

Hi Steve.

What other pants share the same cut as the Camp pants?

I thin the Chore is the same, but anything else?

Love the Camp Pants cut.

Thanks

14. summersteve

Hey @NorthCoast

The Chore Pant, the Camp Pant and the new dyneema moto jean share the same fit.
    It's by far my favorite fit, I have a hard time wearing anything other than my Chore Pants.

Hope that's helpful!

1 person likes this.
  15. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

It is. I love my Camp Pants. They fit perfect and that extra deep pocket bag is fun, makes everything secure and is oddly shocking when trying to reach the bottom. The SF print is cool as well.

1 person likes this.
  16. joshuaaka

joshuaaka New Member

Anyone here who has the Project Jacket can comment on the fit as compared to the Long Haul? The Long Haul is by far the best fitting jacket I own. Which is specially remarkable given I have really long ape arms. I'm really looking for a chore-coat type jacket and was wondering how the Project Jacket compares to the LH. I wear an L in the Long Haul. Should I size down, up, or keep the same for the Project Jacket?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  17. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Senior member

Although it was a very long turnaround time with several emails to CS to get my glacier shirt in indigo terry exchanged for a larger size, I finally received the shirt and am thrilled with the construction and fit. Sounds like TS was quite busy around the holidays.

Since I had to size up for the body, the arms are about 1" too long, but I can live with that. The writs are still VERY tight, but I can actually button them now!

I now have a medium sized every day chambray that fits in the body the same as my large sized indigo french terry. I think I'll be sticking to TS shirts for my next few $$$ shirt purchases.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  18. Don L

Don L Senior member

A quick shout out for the Lightweight Merino Henley's. Just got my Indigo and Army delivery and the material, fit and finish is spot on. Highly recommend them for a very soft and warm layering piece.

19. six-gun-pete

six-gun-pete Member

Did you size up from usual TS sizing? I went up to a L on their advice, hoping it works out as return shipping from Canada is a pain...

20. Don L

Don L Senior member

I went true size which is L in my case and it worked out great. I have the the heavier weight Merino henley and I went XL on that since it would be an overshirt.