• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

cnew

Reaction score
Only concern is Blake stitched shoes are difficult to resole. Will rancourt do the resoling on these?

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
Only concern is Blake stitched shoes are difficult to resole. Will rancourt do the resoling on these?
You fellas are too fast for me... We're all really really excited to launch monthly collections and there was no better place to start than the Spring Telegraph Collection.

@cnew I'll drop Rancourt a message but I imagine that wouldn't be a problem. But don't quote me as I haven't asked 'em yet ;)

cnew

Reaction score

You fellas are too fast for me... We're all really really excited to launch monthly collections and there was no better place to start than the Spring Telegraph Collection. 

@cnew
 I'll drop Rancourt a message but I imagine that wouldn't be a problem. But don't quote me as I haven't asked 'em yet ;) 

Thanks Mike. Regardless these are gorgeous shoes. Now how do I ask the wife to let me buy them?

metals37

Reaction score

Rancourt actually uses Blake/Rapid for these shoes. The midsole is attached to the upper with a Blake stitch but the outsole is attached to the midsole just like a Goodyear Welt shoe, therefore any competent cobbler would be able to resole as long as you haven't damaged the midsole.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score

Rancourt actually uses Blake/Rapid for these shoes. The midsole is attached to the upper with a Blake stitch but the outsole is attached to the midsole just like a Goodyear Welt shoe, therefore any competent cobbler would be able to resole as long as you haven't damaged the midsole.

I also think that the only time Rancourt has declined to restore/resole a shoe was when it was a shoe made for another company which did not have Rancourt's name or logo on it. Might have been the Redwing handsewn chukka (Wabasha? I forget what the model is...)

EDIT: Typos.

Last edited:

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
@th3buhbuh I bet you're going to be pretty thrilled come Thursday (2/4). You know, because it's one day away from Friday... and just maybe there will be a little something special waiting for you from us.

You weren't kidding. I mean, I'm super intrigued by the suit material, but what else is there going to be?! So impatient....

stevefok

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Guys! I am gonna soak and wash my utility shirt and I will post the "post and after wash" measurments here later.

Hey Guys, some follow up on the shrinkage on the ISC utility shirt. Below are the pre and post wash measurements of my size 38 ISC shirt.

Neck: 40.5cm , 40cm
Armpit to Armpit : 53cm , 53cm
Shoulder to cuff: 66cm , 64cm
Back length: 76cm , 74.5cm
Cuff: 22cm, 21.5cm

As you can see, the shrinkage is really minimal...

oynag

Reaction score
If anyone has the Cause and Effect belt in 30 and would like to trade for a once-worn 32, please let me know. Those things ran big.

Bryanb55

Reaction score
Cordovan Longwings are gorgeous. I was hoping to get some details on the suit as well - I guess that's what the next three February Thursdays are for. I doubt it will arrive the moment I need it (as the email promised) - I need it now!

goldenbear

Reaction score

If anyone has the Cause and Effect belt in 30 and would like to trade for a once-worn 32, please let me know. Those things ran big.

I returned mine for an exhange. Not sure if the 30's are gone or if you've worn it around.

Medoc

Reaction score
Scooped that indigo mechanic shirt today while the discount is still going. I've held off in the past on that offering because I wasn't sure how much use I would get out of a shirt for a mechanic but the buyers all had strong reviews and said it is functional for everyday wear. Something about the deep blue with the black hardware really appealed to me. In some of the pics it looks like the inside of the shirt is a different color when the sleeves are rolled up? Either way, with that and the blackwatch jacket on the horizon, I'm amped up to see some SF map boxes on my doorstep.

cnew

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think the funding percentage went up 10% after my order. It would be interesting to see some of the number caps on these projects.

Bryanb55

Reaction score
I chatted with TS customer service last night and found out that Rover jackets are shipping tomorrow and Friday. Another one I am really looking forward to receiving (in Navy).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads