• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Medoc

Reaction score
When I'm told a shoe will stretch and to order a half size smaller, I don't expect them to stretch overnight. In order to do so they must be worn for awhile. Once worn for any period of time it is difficult to return them. I now own an unwearable pair of shoes that cannot be returned. Medoc do you find that reasonable?

Particularly when another vendor selling the same model suggests going true to size.

Good point, I didn't realize they mentioned that the shoes would stretch out. Your initial post didn't really reference that, though I doubt you were writing it in the hopes that another reader would pipe up without full knowledge of the issue. That's my bad.

I only chimed in because too often I see customers make these unreasonable demands from brands asking them to bend over backwards well beyond what they should have to. Your initial post came across like, "I ordered the wrong size, fix this/take care of me." It can be frustrating reading things like that because I believe there is a partnership and like the brand should do all they can for a customer, the customer needs to be logical and rational when dealing with a company keeping in mind it's a business. In light of the new info, this doesn't really seem like one of those instances. I'm going to go ahead and mind my own business like I should have done initially, sorry about that.

Last edited:

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
When I'm told a shoe will stretch and to order a half size smaller, I don't expect them to stretch overnight. In order to do so they must be worn for awhile. Once worn for any period of time it is difficult to return them. I now own an unwearable pair of shoes that cannot be returned. Medoc do you find that reasonable?

Particularly when another vendor selling the same model suggests going true to size.
@TactileOne hey man, sorry I took a turkey feast coma break and was MIA but I'm now catching back up on posts.

Totally see your point and while I wasn't at TS when we launched the ranger mocs, let me ask around tomorrow on why we made that recommendation and I'll let you know. But regardless of why we decided to include that in the sizing guide, you're still out a good amount of money for a pair of shoes we promised would fit that don't.

Drop me a DM and I'm sure we can figure out something that seems fair for both parties.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
Well said medoc
100% agree. We do get a lot of the latter (I ordered the wrong size/ fix this) and that can be frustrating as we're not only a very small team that can't instantly respond to CS e-mails as well as a team that tries damn hard to get things right the first time. But hey that's life.

I missed that post from earlier (which was my bad) but we'll get this resolved. Thanks for the support :p

matt1985

Reaction score
100% agree. We do get a lot of the latter (I ordered the wrong size/ fix this) and that can be frustrating as we're not only a very small team that can't instantly respond to CS e-mails as well as a team that tries damn hard to get things right the first time. But hey that's life.

I missed that post from earlier (which was my bad) but we'll get this resolved. Thanks for the support :p

Well for a small team I take my hat off to you guys for doing an amazing job! I've had some sizing issues over the years and you guys have gone above and beyond in sorting them out for me! You guys are doing a great job, and hey we're all human and **** does happen! But it's a credit to the team for sorting out any issues that arise. Keep at it guys

SerialComma

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the Moto jacket is nearing its ship date. Is that right?

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the Moto jacket is nearing its ship date. Is that right?

It was pushed out due to funding to over 2000% - I think I got an email saying to expect mine mid December instead of late November. Someone else has mentioned they had an email stating January. I was one of the earlier backers (in the first 150 according to the email) so I still expect mine soon.

@mikegnthensome - any clue where the jackets are sitting?

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
It was pushed out due to funding to over 2000% - I think I got an email saying to expect mine mid December instead of late November. Someone else has mentioned they had an email stating January. I was one of the earlier backers (in the first 150 according to the email) so I still expect mine soon.

@mikegnthensome - any clue where the jackets are sitting?
@th3buhbuh You'll 100% get it by Dec 15th. If you wanna DM me your order number, I can tell you exactly when. Since we are located right next to GB, we're shipping the jackets as soon as they are made and the first 100 are going out today or tomorrow.

th3buhbuh

Reaction score
@th3buhbuh You'll 100% get it by Dec 15th. If you wanna DM me your order number, I can tell you exactly when. Since we are located right next to GB, we're shipping the jackets as soon as they are made and the first 100 are going out today or tomorrow.
Seriously? That's pretty awesome. I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for being so quick/helpful on here!.

oynag

Reaction score
Oh sh...

That's awesome.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the new camp pant design and fabric.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really like the new camp pant design and fabric.

Yeah, agreed. I ordered some olive chinos during the sale but those are more the design I want. Will likely back those too.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dig the new camp pants also. Hope we see them in some other colors later also.

Sudonihm

Reaction score
Dig the new camp pants also. Hope we see them in some other colors later also.

This x100. Really want a tan or hay colored pair of those camp pants. Love the design and fabric, but not the color. Will we see other colors?

Medoc

Reaction score
This x100. Really want a tan or hay colored pair of those camp pants. Love the design and fabric, but not the color. Will we see other colors?

Awesome pants. They strike a nice balance between rugged and functional for everyday use in my opinion, and can definitely be worn to work for many people. Like a cross between chinos for office wear and jeans for everyday wear. I hope TS makes this a core item and keeps incorporating new colors. I backed this one because I didn't want to miss out and they new design really appealed to me, but the color will be a challenge to incorporate into my arsenal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads