• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Medoc

Reaction score
Received my Ash Crater shirt today. I only have a few other flannels but they are in a different weight class entirely (4-5 oz). This thing is an absolute monster compared to my other shirts. The double brushed back makes it feel like a soft blanket when worn. I passed on the crater collection last year for some reason but I'm happy I decided to give it a shot this year. Very warm and cozy with a functional pattern that will go with just about any jacket I have. Looking forward to getting some use out of this in chilly temps. It's entirely different from anything else I own. TS's tailored fit is also a must for me on an item like this and keeps me looking semi-normal rather than a legitimate lumberjack.

lbrig

Reaction score
Love the crater shirt, but a 44 is a bit too big for me. Any chance of shrinkage in the wash?

drewcandraw

Reaction score
Love the crater shirt, but a 44 is a bit too big for me. Any chance of shrinkage in the wash?
Was the 42 too tight? I tried both on at the store this weekend and felt that the 42 was better fitted to my body even though i could have went with a 44.

Can always return for a smaller size or hot water wash and zapp it in the dryer.. sorry no first hand experience on trying to shrink it.

cnew

Reaction score
Has anyone received shipping notification for the maritime shirt and whaler sweater?

gambit402

Reaction score
Has anyone received shipping notification for the maritime shirt and whaler sweater?
I haven't, but was told they'll be shipping out this week. Saw today that they had a navy and light grey one on their site, but it's a little lighter and a different wool.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
@cnew @gambit402 Maritime are all out the door yesterday and today. If you want to DM me your order numbers, I'll confirm but hopefully you've already received your shipping notification.

The Whaler Sweaters unfortunately aren't shipping till early/mid Jan. The factory we used for these in the NE decided to move and forgot to give us the heads up. And so it goes...

@lbrig DM me and we'll figure something out. None of our shirts should shrink if treated corrected (aka NO dryer!). I wouldn't suggest trying to shrink it, as if it shrinks too much then you can't return it and you've now got a shirt that's too small for you.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
After opening the box and seeing my shirt with a few holes in it thanks to my 4 year old and a fishing knife trying to "open the package", I took my Olive sanded mechanics shirt out for it's maiden voyage today, once rinsed in the washer.

This shirt is fantastic. I love the hand on it and how perfectly understated it is. Also, it's really nice how you only have unbutton the sleeves and turn them up once on the cuff and they stay there.

I could easily see picking up the black and I think some more colors would be very well received.

Last edited:

Medoc

Reaction score
After opening the box and seeing my shirt with a few holes in it thanks to my 4 year old and a fishing knife trying to "open the package", I took my Olive sanded mechanics shirt out for it's maiden voyage today, once rinsed in the washer.

This shirt is fantastic. I love the hand on it and how perfectly understated it is. Also, it's really nice how you only have unbutton the sleeves and turn them up once on the cuff and they stay there.

I could easily see picking up the black and I think some more colors would be very well received.

I thought about grabbing one of those but I'm not sure when I would wear it. What is the purpose of a mechanics shirt? By that, I mean, when would one wear a shirt like that?

I personally wasn't able to overcome those reservations and buy one but I still think it looks like a cool shirt. I can definitely see why they are popular.

goldenbear

Reaction score

I thought about grabbing one of those but I'm not sure when I would wear it.  What is the purpose of a mechanics shirt?  By that, I mean, when would one wear a shirt like that?

I personally wasn't able to overcome those reservations and buy one but I still think it looks like a cool shirt.  I can definitely see why they are popular. 

Depends on your lifestyle. Prob on the weekends.

metals37

Reaction score
Are the work oxfords starting to ship? I just realized that it's a week until Christmas and I was hoping to have mine by then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads