• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***SW&D Photography Thread***

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saved some cash for a new toy/tool, can't decide if I want to keep saving for a full frame DSLR or jump in the fuji pool with an x100 or xpro.

Some recent shots, all film from a Nikon FE w/50mm or yashica t4super. My digital camera is a d3000 with 35mm DX lens and I just haven't been satisfied with the stuff I've been shooting with it. Hope I'm not just succumbing to big sensor hype. I've also considered spending for a medium format film setup but I don't think I'd use it enough.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my X-E1 and the X100 was my other choice. You just really can't beat the size-image quality ratio, and I just can't really imagine myself with the thought of carrying around a full frame dslr for day to day after using the fuji for so long

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably my whole life (not that I've lived that long, but still) I've really liked taking pics, like, it's one of those things that I've just always loved
But I have never had anything more than some simple point-and-shoot camera to try out stuff with, or if I got to try something more advanced I haven't had enough time to learn anything
So, just curious, what were your "first" cameras?

also shore, love the pic with the skater

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I enjoy doing is taking photos of bad vandalism, but this recent discovery reminded me of SZ and some SF posters:

This one just reminded me of Noel Fielding

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably my whole life (not that I've lived that long, but still) I've really liked taking pics, like, it's one of those things that I've just always loved
But I have never had anything more than some simple point-and-shoot camera to try out stuff with, or if I got to try something more advanced I haven't had enough time to learn anything
So, just curious, what were your "first" cameras?

also shore, love the pic with the skater

My first was a Nikkormat, but then my father was a photographer, so I had access to a whole load of 35mm camera bodies. Didn't shoot with anything but a 50mm lens.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're just showing off that it can focus in low-light.

mitchellmcm27

Reaction score
What's up fellas, cool thread. I'm ToG's brother and we shoot the same camera and lens--Fuji x-e1 35mm (50mm equiv). He wanted me to post some of my recent photos, so here you go. You will probably recognize some of the same places and such. I'm trying to get better at shooting people, so this post will be that, and the next one more landscape-nature oriented.

my bro's favorite

dad

bro

basically this camera feels like cheating, though getting the focus can be challenging.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that second and last one , and your dad seems like a baller. I have lots of problems focusing too but I think i'm just stupid sometimes

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
So...can anyone recommend a not-awful point-and-shoot, preferably a Canon? My GF has a decent DSLR, but it's kind of a hassle to lug around and she mostly leaves it set up for product photography. I'm just looking for something a little more portable easier to use than a DSLR and a step or two up from the Canon PowerShot SD1000 that I've had for probably 5 years at this point.

Last edited:

basil rathbone

Reaction score
What do you guys use for camera bags? If you use one, that is. Or have you seen any cool ones?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys use for camera bags? If you use one, that is. Or have you seen any cool ones? 

An assortment of Lowepro bags depending on how much kit I'm carrying - not particularly cool looking, but do a great job.

Style wise I'd go for a Billingham

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For longer trips I use my Filson 257 as my camera bag and add a padded insert.

It's pretty heavy, though--if I don't want to lug that around I just stick whatever in my backpack and wrap anything real fragile with a tenba wrap

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads