• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Thanks! These days I am going for a much more relaxed fit for my trousers, but yes they are looking particularly drape-y in the pics. They are quite tapered, but I have big thighs unfortunately so this width is about right if I want to sit down in comfort without any pulling or catching. Doesn't quite align with the typical SuSu look, but I'm over everything slim fit these days. Jacket is a keeper for me - glad I was able to snag it despite no longer being officially sold.
Agreed that the overly slim trend going on right now is not my jam either. Regardless, you pull off that look masterfully sir.

davidazio

Reaction score
So anyone think their wide lapelled havanas are only for those with wider shoulders? I hope it doesn't look like bat-wings on narrow shoulders and look too "off". I know it's a matter of proportion but was wondering if people with narrower shoulders and fit just right at their 36R shoulder wise would have problems with their wide lapelled havanas. Apologies for hijacking but as you guys have the most experience it will be great to hear your thoughts.

I think the wide lapels can look good on many frames. I am tall with narrow shoulders and liked the fit overall, my issues are with the very high buttoning point and lack of long sizes for some of the models. Otherwise tried and really liked both the brown cotton and Solaro-like cotton. LMK if you end up ordering, was curious about the blue Havana suit myself.

gctoto11

Reaction score
I think the wide lapels can look good on many frames. I am tall with narrow shoulders and liked the fit overall, my issues are with the very high buttoning point and lack of long sizes for some of the models. Otherwise tried and really liked both the brown cotton and Solaro-like cotton. LMK if you end up ordering, was curious about the blue Havana suit myself.

Thanks david for the advice! Yeh agreed the buttoning point could be lower - but off the rack they fit me quite well so I can live with the higher buttoning stance (at least it doesn't look too off in general, if you know what i mean) - I am also not that tall - 178 cm approx. so their standard jacket length covers my bottom. I will see if my local shop have one in stock so I don't need to order one in and exchange if it doesn't fit. Will let you know of any updates. Thanks again!

gctoto11

Reaction score
So i went to the store the other day and they have yet to have the navy wide lapel in stock ... I have tried another suit (cotton suit) which had wide lapels. Surprisingly it didn't look off and actually looks quite nice and not too "trendy"! Didn't take pics as that suit colour may be too light to have give a good estimate on how the navy would look like. Now I can't wait to get wait till the navy arrives.

On a separate note. What do you guys think of a stripe suit like this: https://apac.suitsupply.com/en/suits/havana-navy-stripe-suit/P5462I.html

Is the above too "loud"? I know it certainly depends on the office one is working in. I am working in a law firm and people there don't really dress in suits that "pop" - just typical standard suits one might expect.

davidazio

Reaction score
So i went to the store the other day and they have yet to have the navy wide lapel in stock ... I have tried another suit (cotton suit) which had wide lapels. Surprisingly it didn't look off and actually looks quite nice and not too "trendy"! Didn't take pics as that suit colour may be too light to have give a good estimate on how the navy would look like. Now I can't wait to get wait till the navy arrives.

On a separate note. What do you guys think of a stripe suit like this: https://apac.suitsupply.com/en/suits/havana-navy-stripe-suit/P5462I.html

Is the above too "loud"? I know it certainly depends on the office one is working in. I am working in a law firm and people there don't really dress in suits that "pop" - just typical standard suits one might expect.

Thanks for the feedback on this, the cotton wide lapel suits are definitely nice. IMO the striped suit you are looking is definitely a bit loud if you work in a conservative environment. The double stripe and the wide spacing between stripes along with the white lining contribute to this. That said it's a cool suit and could surely be pulled off in work settings with a simple white shirt and very muted tie.

gianm

Reaction score
I honestly can't tell which of their models are wide lapel vs not. I just received a suit that I thought had wider lapels but they seem standard. I wish SS lapels had a bit more character.

Complaints aside, the brown flannel that dropped this season is gorgeous.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went into the Chicago store today, and I got myself a shirt that was sold out online in my size. The guys there said we won't be seeing that lilac colored Havana until some time in December.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went into the Chicago store today, and I got myself a shirt that was sold out online in my size. The guys there said we won't be seeing that lilac colored Havana until some time in December.
I don’t know what Havana you mean. My condolences, but I’ve never wanted a light purple suit, and can’t imagine wearing one in the autumn. Or in December.

Last edited:

hschrapel

Reaction score
Has anyone much experience with the Braddon fit trouser? I've previously tried on the Brentwood which was like wearing skinny jeans, but could expect the Braddon to be a bit more of a looser fit? Also, how do the Sohos compare to the three?

gctoto11

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on this, the cotton wide lapel suits are definitely nice. IMO the striped suit you are looking is definitely a bit loud if you work in a conservative environment. The double stripe and the wide spacing between stripes along with the white lining contribute to this. That said it's a cool suit and could surely be pulled off in work settings with a simple white shirt and very muted tie.
Mmm then I might have to think again ... thanks again for the tip.
I honestly can't tell which of their models are wide lapel vs not. I just received a suit that I thought had wider lapels but they seem standard. I wish SS lapels had a bit more character.

To me it’s quite noticeable since their wider lapels are significantly wider and in the features section they will denote the lapels ad 11. Sth cm wide

gctoto11

Reaction score
Has anyone much experience with the Braddon fit trouser? I've previously tried on the Brentwood which was like wearing skinny jeans, but could expect the Braddon to be a bit more of a looser fit? Also, how do the Sohos compare to the three?
Don’t have a Braddon but do have Brentwood which fit me well (yes it’s slim but not tight for me) if you want a looser thigh fit I suggest trying the Bolzano fit it has a more classic fit . I have to actually take my thighs in for my preference. Hope this helps

misiuacademy

Reaction score

I work in Suitsupply Stockholm now. Wide lapels are the Washington base model Single Breasted (Not the full canvas one)
The Havana Jetted (Double Breasted) or former Madison
The Havana Double Breasted Traveler
Havana Double Breasted Patch
Some Jort Models like the DB Wool Cashmere Navy one

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads