• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dirk

Reaction score
One of the best in the net. Their full canvas suits and jackets with Loro Piana fabrics are superior to any Susu I've ever owned. Discounted they're the same as Susu's pricings.
Wanna post some fit pics? Don't particularly like the fit on their model, but maybr they wear better IRL.

mrw464

Reaction score
Is it just me or do Cavour suits look kind of crap?
Wanna post some fit pics? Don't particularly like the fit on their model, but maybr they wear better IRL.
Especially with Nordic brands, it's usually a model that looks really unhappy wearing a suit that's perhaps a size too big. Not sure why this is the case.

Suitsupply does marketing better than anyone really, but I think that's part of what you are paying for to a degree.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Especially with Nordic brands, it's usually a model that looks really unhappy wearing a suit that's perhaps a size too big. Not sure why this is the case.

Suitsupply does marketing better than anyone really, but I think that's part of what you are paying for to a degree.

You're right. I was wrong. Obviously Cavour is to be avoided especially during the 50% off sale.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is sarcasm. he is rather deadpan.

One of my biggest regrets was recommending Cavour when nobody knows what they're selling due to the ltd product info. Then when they know they're Loro Piana made in Italy soft tailored for $250 I missed getting the goodies.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It might just be the photos, but to me they look like shapeless blobs. That's a hard pass.

Different demographics. I've donated all my Susus to the employees as I can't withstand their ****** construction. I'd rather take a bland colored but superbly constructed jacket, alter it, then pair it with something exciting underneath.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really talking about the colour, but fair enough. SuSu's construction is perfectly acceptable from my standpoint, but that's obviously a subjective judgment. The main attraction for me with SuSu (apart from the cost) is I know exactly what I am getting. A brand like Cavour looks to me like much more of a gamble despite the fancy bells and whistles.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's good, I suppose, but they don't offer long sizes so someone else will have to be the guinea pig.

But seriously, would you buy something that looks like this:

xlarge.jpg

It could be that the model is standing slightly askew but that does not give a good impression. The sleeves and shoulders are a complete mess.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads