• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

martingfx

Reaction score
My Cavours after alteration fits better than any Susus as well. $460 Loro Piana full canvas suit that feels Italian soft is a no brainer.

But I think Michael81 may have a point here. They're boring and don't fit well. Please forget you ever heard of Cavour.
Hmm Cavour looks interesting at 50% off though I agree with @Michael81 the product pictures look a bit weird (shoulders and sleeves). I might go for a trip to Oslo and try their stuff and buy some AW garments next sale.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cavours might be in every detail as good as @Riva describes them, but still it doesn't change the fact that they are - according to size guide - very short. If you're taller than 1.8m then there's a pretty good chance they won't fit you very well.
This is why I haven't tried them. The 54 size is way too short for me.

h3ro

Reaction score
You think Cavour's plain navy offering is boring and this is something else? Yawn...
My guy, maybe you should start a Cavour thread to discuss the brand.

@Michael81 A Washington Fit with notched lapels is interesting. I wonder if they would do the same with their lovely Wide lapel Havana fits. I'd like to see some less fitted options for a single breasted jacket as the Washington is now just too narrow for my shoulders in a size which would give good fitting elsewhere on my body.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Michael81 A Washington Fit with notched lapels is interesting. I wonder if they would do the same with their lovely Wide lapel Havana fits. I'd like to see some less fitted options for a single breasted jacket as the Washington is now just too narrow for my shoulders in a size which would give good fitting elsewhere on my body.

It looks really cool. The gorge appears to be lower than the regular models, which is very attractive. I wonder how this new iteration fits. I've had decent results in the past with a 40L (trousers still too tight though) but I wouldn't be surprised if the new iteration is even slimmer. Bummer that it doesn't fit in the shoulders, the Washington has really good proportions if you're a taller guy.

Non sequitur: the new website doesn't link to the custom programme. Hopefully that means it will be expanded. It would be totally sweet to be able to get a custom version of that suit.

Contango

Reaction score
Lol and I had to shorten mine.
Looks great on you!

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SS has been mixing polyester into their sleeves for quite some time. I believe they also use either straight up polyester or a blend for the trousers. I think maybe 3-4+ years ago they didn't use polyester and just used straight cupro, but I could be wrong on that.

Another place SS cuts corners is buttons. Not using real horn I think.

I'm just surprised that even on the Jort line that they aren't using straight up cupro. Especially when for example Cavour has a full-canvas suit on sale for upper $400s made in Italy. But Cavour doesn't make size 44 (italian/eu) whereas Suitsupply makes size 34R US.
Spier and Mackay uses straight up cupro in all their jackets.

pomor

Reaction score
Definitely won’t be worn in Singapore - except perhaps in my freezer-like office where I regularly wear a hopsack blazer and lightweight flannel pants. Since the island is so small and constantly sweat inducing most of us are looking for chilly locales for our holidays. I actually ordered the jacket whilst vacationing in Perth where it would have gotten a lot of wear in the 7-20c weather.

Sorry to bother you -- I have a question about the bomber jacket you bought. I initially was excited about it but later passed on it. Thinking back — I think the way it looked on the model made me think it would be too tight. But then, that particular model is always dressed in a size too small.

I am currently thinking about a leather jacket in the photo attached — this one is leather but similar in style to the camel wool one you bought. Does yours fit true to size? What is your overall impression? Can you lift and swing your arms comfortably? Thanks!

Attachments

• 34DD1F79-0B1A-4DD8-A304-C8C3BF81FC75.jpeg
    34DD1F79-0B1A-4DD8-A304-C8C3BF81FC75.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 253

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads