• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score

I like the look of the fabric of the first one (though I don't like linen generally), but just can't get past the patch breast pocket. Am I the only one?

Same here -- not bad for an odd jacket, but on a suit I can't really go for a patch breast pocket. Exactly why I have to go with Jorts and Havanas instead of Hudsons.

Filippos

Reaction score

Anything that interests you from the pre-order? I've been given credit for a botched exchange and am having a look. I do like this jacket but then perhaps this suit would get more wear/options?? or this... or this suit! (last one, sorry) Click the images to go to the items. I like the hudson cut with its larger lapels. Being 6ft2 I think I need a Long, and that larger lapels look better than skinnier ones. The Sienna is unflattering on me, for example.
Second or the third one in my opinion. The last one belongs clearly to snowy days, first one is less playful or interesting to the second. I don't think that the trousers of this specific Hudson (2nd) belong to any other matching, the 3rd jacket is one of my favourites this season. But rather difficult again on matching. If you already have a versatile blue blazer/jacket, follow the fabric you like the most, if not then i would recommend the Hudson Suit (2nd)

nttdocomo

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments/ I don't actually have a versatile blue jacket/blazer, and am still looking. What fabric is good for such a thing? A havana blue in wool?

Stiva

Reaction score

Yes I have a the black peak tuxedo, the midnight blue shawl, and the velvet shawl dinner jacket (brown w silk faced lapel).

the black peak tuxedo fits like a more full washington. great value (especially when it was $469) and one of my favorite evening wear pieces, its understated, and balanced.

I have the "Smoking Black Plain". Don't know what it's called on the US site. Wore it on Monday night to a dinner. This is a picture from the end of the night when we got back to the hotel. It has the same measurements as the Napoli. If that model fits you, so should this. Mine is size 114 straight off the rack with no alterations - except hemming the pants. I also have two Napolis in 114 which fit the same. And a Washington in 118 which required taking in at the waist by about 2 inches.

dresstokill

Reaction score
I have the "Smoking Black Plain". Don't know what it's called on the US site. Wore it on Monday night to a dinner. This is a picture from the end of the night when we got back to the hotel. It has the same measurements as the Napoli. If that model fits you, so should this. Mine is size 114 straight off the rack with no alterations - except hemming the pants. I also have two Napolis in 114 which fit the same. And a Washington in 118 which required taking in at the waist by about 2 inches.

Does it have shoulder padding and if so how much?

bigsink

Reaction score
Hi guys purchased my first suit and looking for some advise.

-What width tie is applicable for a Sienna?
-Would a Propercloth president spread or English spread be a good match?
-During fitting they pinned my behind pretty snug. Do you know if they can release it if is not comfortable afterwards?
-My m2m shirts look billowy due to the "perfect fit" of the pants waist. Do you guys treat that with Darts or should I get a new m2m shirt?

dresstokill

Reaction score
Hi guys purchased my first suit and looking for some advise.

-What width tie is applicable for a Sienna?
-Would a Propercloth president spread or English spread be a good match?
-During fitting they pinned my behind pretty snug. Do you know if they can release it if is not comfortable afterwards?
-My m2m shirts look billowy due to the "perfect fit" of the pants waist. Do you guys treat that with Darts or should I get a new m2m shirt?

Pretty standard tie widths should work - anything between 7 and 9 cm.

The waist can be let out afterwards which might solve the tightness.

If the shirt needs to be taken in only a little, this can sometimes be done on the sides without the need of darts.

bigsink

Reaction score

Pretty standard tie widths should work - anything between 7 and 9 cm.
The waist can be let out afterwards which might solve the tightness.
If the shirt needs to be taken in only a little, this can sometimes be done on the sides without the need of darts.

Thanks! SS is handling the alteration now, if too snug, would they fix it or must I go elsewhere?

SamF

Reaction score
SS are known for altering stuff very tight though. I wouldn't get stuff altered there unless you were sure the person pinning you knew what he was doing.

bigsink

Reaction score

SS are known for altering stuff very tight though. I wouldn't get stuff altered there unless you were sure the person pinning you knew what he was doing.

I may be screwed then. Theres no way for me to know the skillset of the pinner.

bigsink

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the rear collar height on sienna? I'm trying to see if a Propercloth President would work

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52