• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you want a traditional navy blazer, SS doesn't really have it. The Havana style has patch pockets and a very short length. The Italia is cotton which isn't a year round fabric for most people.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the crappy iPhone pics into an antique/scratchy mirror. I just received this Havana Blue Plain linen jacket:

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja...542e/C542E,en_US,pd.html?start=9&cgid=Jackets

I'm usually a 37/38R and this is a 38R. Other than the long sleeves (my shirts sleeves are a little short too), any thoughts on fit? Pants are Epaulet Rivet chinos so rise is low too.

Feta

Reaction score
Im wondering about the Washington shoulders, is it much padding? Which suits have minimal/none padding?

1.Sienna
2.Jort
3.Copenhagen
4.Havanna

Napoli has a big junk of padding so i had to return it.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Debating buying one of these Havana navy's. Still not sold on the high button stance. Fit pics above look good, though.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Debating buying one of these Havana navy's. Still not sold on the high button stance. Fit pics above look good, though.

The high button stance is keeping me from buying more Havana jackets. That's a shame, because construction & fabric selection is really nice.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
My biggest issue with the Havana is that it is quite short. The button stance doesn't bother me, and it isn't that much different from the Lazio. Anyway, just found out that the tax man is giving me some money back, so I am in the market again :) I am considering trying a Sienna this time, as I need a staple grey suit in my rotation, and the best SuitSupply-choice in that colour seems to be Sienna. A bit worried that the 130 wool is too fragile, but I will only wear it once a week max...

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My biggest issue with the Havana is that it is quite short. The button stance doesn't bother me, and it isn't that much different from the Lazio. Anyway, just found out that the tax man is giving me some money back, so I am in the market again :) I am considering trying a Sienna this time, as I need a staple grey suit in my rotation, and the best SuitSupply-choice in that colour seems to be Sienna. A bit worried that the 130 wool is too fragile, but I will only wear it once a week max...

ha, I am also waiting for my tax return ;-)

Sienna 130S is not fragile, I have the blue birdseye Sienna and it is awesome.

Galix

Reaction score

Apologies in advance for the crappy iPhone pics into an antique/scratchy mirror. I just received this Havana Blue Plain linen jacket:

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja...542e/C542E,en_US,pd.html?start=9&cgid=Jackets

I'm usually a 37/38R and this is a 38R. Other than the long sleeves (my shirts sleeves are a little short too), any thoughts on fit? Pants are Epaulet Rivet chinos so rise is low too.

Looks nice. I was wondering about the fabric since I am thinking in buying this jacket. Does it feel "quality"? How much does the jacket creases?

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks nice. I was wondering about the fabric since I am thinking in buying this jacket. Does it feel "quality"? How much does the jacket creases?

Fit and feel was nice. I was expecting the Havana to be slimmer and shorter than my Copenhagen jacket from last year so I was pleasantly surprised with the fit out of the box. I'm about 5' 11" and length seemed pretty good. Can't really tell about creasing yet. I folded it up and put in a shopping bag over night and then took it into San Francisco yesterday to drop off at the tailor to get the sleeves shortened. It wasn't wrinkled out of the bag and the tailor said it reminded him of Brunello Cucinelli.

dufferin1

Reaction score
Guys, what SC fit most resembles the Napoli? I found it to be quite nice in the shoulders and the overall fit was perfect for me as I have bigger traps/shoulders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads