1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Enthusiasm

Enthusiasm Well-Known Member

I do believe the inner pocket is adorned with one as well, so if you don't mind switching that one out you should be all set!

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I thought you wanted a specific Washington model. Seen as that's not the case, I'd try going with any of the notch lapel models. Nearly all of their fits are rather slim, so I'm sure you can find something to your liking. Altering the lapels really isn't worth it, and especially not for a SS suit.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Just buy a jacket without peak lapels. :confused:

4. TheKongoEmpire

TheKongoEmpire Active Member

I'd like it if it's still around.

5. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I bought a grey wool/linen London a month or two around, and it's one of my favorite Suitsupply fits. They probably still have the navy one, you should check their website.

6. R D K

R D K Active Member

Definately sounds worth the trip, I think I will be making a visit to their outlet stores very soon :)

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  7. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

decided to check out their shirts. Not too bad for everyday use and some nice fabric choices.Threw in a few ties and square..
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

That's a nice patterned tie there, even though I can't stand the silk my SS ties are made of. Shirts look nice.

9. steffenbp11

thanks. I don't like their silk ties either. But their cotton and linen ties are actually pretty decent. And when you only have one month of summer here in Denmark to wear them, I don´t mind if they aren't Cappelli standard...

10. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

Ah cool, that's nice. I've a wool/linen blend from them which is quite nice to wear (and another wool one which is horrible and stretched out).

11. mans72

mans72 Well-Known Member

I am considering a La Spalla (formerly known as Jort) suit...
    can anyone educate me on their quality? how are the fabrics? also, any info on fit would be great.
    Have read everything about them on suitsupply's website so at this point I'm interested in "real life" experience with that suit model.

PS: I'm aware of the particular shoulder construction, which is fine by me.

many thanks :)

12. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I stopped in the DC store on Friday and this is what I found:

Suits - pretty big selection, pretty much what you see online, though I noticed more of the patterned stuff than solid staples. Definitely weighted towards the S/S collection.

Sportcoats - less than they carry online. Mostly the Copenhagen models, two linen Havanas, the Casablanca, and one Soho. I didn't see any Washington jackets.

Shoes - they appeared to carry just about everything you see online. I tried on a pair of dub monks and had to size down a half size. I didn't ask if they just run big, or if it is Euro sizing.

Other - plenty of socks, belts, casual pants, bags, shirts, and ties. They did not have any of the artwork inspired pocket squares, like steffen just got.

I learned something while there...if there is something you want but don't see it on the floor, ask and you may be surprised. There was a particular jacket that I wanted to try on, didn't see it, asked a salesman, and turns out they had it in the back. (I didn't ask why it wasn't on the floor)

I have now been in 3 stores - one in London, NYC, now DC - and they all have the same concept. Open floor, bright, nice salesmen, low pressure (at least I think so).

2 people like this.
  13. steffenbp11

Thanks for the writeup Cousin. I am going to London in july and will be sure to stop by at one of the stores. Hopefully they will have some fall stuff ready by then.

14. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I'll be needing a navy interviews-and-funerals suit (to be used rarely) and right now am trying to decide between something from Kent Wang or this London from SuitSupply. Thank you for the review! I'll pay them a visit.

15. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

How is the quality of their shoes?

I'm probably going to London this summer and I want to stop by the SS-store. Meermin is enticing, but sizing and the wait puts me off.

Note - I will check out C&J, EG and other makers with a shop in London on the same trip, but just curious as to the quality of their shoes.

16. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Senior member

No experience with them but the unofficial SF consensus is that Antonio Maurizi (sp?) shoes are overpriced garbage.

17. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I got burgundy SS shoes at their outlet for €59. The shoes are goodyear welted and look pretty nice. Nothing special, but for that kind of money they're the perfect club beaters. If you're looking for something nicer I wouldn't go to SS.

18. redboat

redboat Senior member

...deleted

19. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

I have the cognac derbies and they're (attractive) rubbish. Leather is pretty thin, soles are nailed on and they haven't withstood time well.

20. mans72

mans72 Well-Known Member

anyone maybe on the La Spalla question? thank you :)