• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steffenbp11

Reaction score

Guys, what SC fit most resembles the Napoli? I found it to be quite nice in the shoulders and the overall fit was perfect for me as I have bigger traps/shoulders.

i doubt you will find any sc models that correspond to Napoli. Shoulderwise, it is probably the Washington half, but that is way slimmer in the body from what I can tell, and Havana and most of the other options have no or very little shoulder padding...

Mr Mustard

Reaction score
What they call Blue Line Personal Tailoring is in fact a Made-To-Order suit in a given cut and a given size with a chosen fabric (of fairly standard S110's from Vitale Barberis Canonico) where there will be some tailoring in the factory after production (!) based on a few measurements taken from you (fewer than 10, I think) at the time of ordering. It's half-canvassed (as their RTW program), it's cheap but it's in no way a real MTM service. I would not recommend it.

Does anyone have any more information about suitsupply's MTM program, specifically their blue line? I'm imagining that you'd get the same kind of fit as you would with their OTR suits and in-store tailors, but would be able to choose fabrics and linings and stuff. Like some other posters, I like the look and fit of the Lazio, but am disappointed that it doesn't come in staple colors. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the blue line MTM program to essentially order a Lazio in a dark navy or charcoal. It would be a little more expensive than the basic OTR Lazio, but it wouldn't need additional tailoring, would it? And it would still be cheaper than the Sienna, even without alterations. If I go in expecting a fit and quality comparable to their OTR Lazios, would I be disappointed?

mispoke

Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether Suitsupply is good for someone who is tall and thin? (6'1"; ~140lbs)
Which suits work best?

kischi

Reaction score

Havana wool/cashmere blend. Not sure wether to keep or to return. Shoulder fit is good, but the coat could be more tapered and the back is quite messy. Also, the body is short for my taste, while the sleeves are long. Thoughts?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Havana wool/cashmere blend. Not sure wether to keep or to return. Shoulder fit is good, but the coat could be more tapered and the back is quite messy. Also, the body is short for my taste, while the sleeves are long. Thoughts?

Length of body/sleeves is just fine. The fit in the back needs to be cleaned up by a tailor - but if you are trying on a garment with no alterations - what do you expect? Looks like a keeper.

Howfener

Reaction score
I'm going to London tomorrow with the primary purpose of visiting SuitSupply and buying my first proper suit, and I'm admittedly a little apprehensive. It's easy enough for me to objectively critique the fit of a suit when I've got time to look at a photograph of somebody else wearing it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to take my time trying on different sizes or have enough sense to see what can be fixed with adjustments -- particularly if I've got a salesperson waiting on me. I'm considering visiting a store on Tuesday, trying on a few different suits and sizes, taking photographs and sharing them here, then -- if something looks good -- go back on Wednesday to buy it (w/ any alterations if needed).

Just thinking out loud since this is a big purchase for me; I start my trainee induction at my law firm in a few weeks and want to look the part from Day 1.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think its already too aggressively tapered thus the vents are flaring open.. you are going to have to take out the hips to clean up the vents area and fix the collar roll at the top..Apart from that looks pretty good..

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Just ordered my first Sienna suit. Hopefully I will be able to post a few pics later this week. I reckon the fit is pretty identical to the Lazio apart from the ticket pocket and the Spalla camicia.

Syeknom

Reaction score
Does anyone have any more information about suitsupply's MTM program, specifically their blue line? I'm imagining that you'd get the same kind of fit as you would with their OTR suits and in-store tailors, but would be able to choose fabrics and linings and stuff. Like some other posters, I like the look and fit of the Lazio, but am disappointed that it doesn't come in staple colors. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the blue line MTM program to essentially order a Lazio in a dark navy or charcoal. It would be a little more expensive than the basic OTR Lazio, but it wouldn't need additional tailoring, would it? And it would still be cheaper than the Sienna, even without alterations. If I go in expecting a fit and quality comparable to their OTR Lazios, would I be disappointed?

When I asked in-store recently about their MTM service they said that all MTM suits are always the Napoli model and then adjusted from there. I was hoping to have a London suit in my choice of fabric + more extensively tailored but this isn't the cae.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Thanks omgitwes. i like the pants quite a lot actually. On me they are slim without being skinny. But I have rather thiin legs, so I can't really say whether they will fit your build. On the other hand, their return policy is great, so take a chance !

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I just got my suitsupply suit back form their tailor, and I was quite shocked with the fit. They were supposed to take in the jacket a little, but it seems like they took in one side more than other. I actually think the suit was better before the tailoring...

There are these weird lines on my right shoulder, that won't go away, no matter how I stand.

There is insane collar gap on one side, while the other side fits quite nicely.

Here you can see that one lapel bulging out, while the other one seems to be ok.

Does anyone know why this happened? And more importantly, can it be fixed??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads