• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My Havana linen suit is NOT fully lined. In fact none of the Havanas in both suiting and odd jackets are fully lined...they are half lined. Mine is half lined in cotton with the sleeves being lined in I think either poly or Bemberg.

This is not correct re: Havana. All (so far) jackets appear to be half lined but at least some suits (all I have seen, as a matter of fact) were fully lined.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not correct re: Havana. All (so far) jackets appear to be half lined but at least some suits (all I have seen, as a matter of fact) were fully lined.
I stand corrected, thanks for the info. I wonder if my Havana is half-lined because it's part of their S/S collection or because it's full linen?

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I visited a local store and tried on suit jackets; Havana (40R) and La Spalla (40R and 42R) model. Just give some size reference, I am 5.10" tall, have 43 chest, 34 waist 35 hip (all tape measurements on skin). I typically wear 42R suits and SC. Both Havana and La Spalla 40R jackets fitted me really snug. I felt Havana fitted little tighter than La Spalla. La Spalla jacket had fully canvassed and little to no padding. I was extremely surprised by how well the jacket fitted my body- other than sleeves length, imo, the jacket required no alteration. Also, La Spalla model felt a lot softer than Havana model. La Spalla 42R jacket fitted me okay, but I saw loose fabric around tricep area, chest, and waist- lost that dead on tightness which I got from size 40R jacket. I think by far this is the best fitted OTR suit jacket I have witness on my torso (near perfect). I am scared to order one because once I get used to tight fitted jacket and I like it then what do I do with all other jackets that I have in my closet ... BTW, for those of you own SS suits or SC, how are they holding up?

citizenshame

Reaction score
Does anyone know how often Suit Supply updates their offerings? Is it quarterly? When do you think we can expect to see the Havana in some new fabrics?

svinsvin

Reaction score
I visited a local store and tried on suit jackets; Havana (40R) and La Spalla (40R and 42R) model. Just give some size reference, I am 5.10" tall, have 43 chest, 34 waist 35 hip (all tape measurements on skin). I typically wear 42R suits and SC. Both Havana and La Spalla 40R jackets fitted me really snug. I felt Havana fitted little tighter than La Spalla. La Spalla jacket had fully canvassed and little to no padding. I was extremely surprised by how well the jacket fitted my body- other than sleeves length, imo, the jacket required no alteration. Also, La Spalla model felt a lot softer than Havana model. La Spalla 42R jacket fitted me okay, but I saw loose fabric around tricep area, chest, and waist- lost that dead on tightness which I got from size 40R jacket. I think by far this is the best fitted OTR suit jacket I have witness on my torso (near perfect). I am scared to order one because once I get used to tight fitted jacket and I like it then what do I do with all other jackets that I have in my closet ... BTW, for those of you own SS suits or SC, how are they holding up?
Thank you so much for your reply - that really helps. Do you remember how the width of the arms compare?

svinsvin

Reaction score
Does anyone know how often Suit Supply updates their offerings? Is it quarterly? When do you think we can expect to see the Havana in some new fabrics?
That have their SS and FW collections, and then they update with new models from time to time. The FW 14/15 collection presale is starting late August, afaik.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you so much for your reply - that really helps. Do you remember how the width of the arms compare?

I remember that size 40R jacket sleeves hugged my arms and showed natural contours. With 42R jacket, I lost that fine line and definitely needed some trimming around sleeves.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW, for those of you own SS suits or SC, how are they holding up?

I have had a charcoal and navy Napoli for nearly 3 years now and wear each one either weekly or every other week. No problems with stitching come apart, buttons falling off, or anything else construction. Drape is still fine. The tops of my thighs are just a little bit shiny where my hands lay or I cross my leg above my knee (I'm getting older, sue me). Still pretty happy with how they are holding.

Last edited:

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't buy tight fitting clothes. We have similar measurements and I wear a 44 Havana (considering a 46) and 44 La Spalla looked really good on me. I may have a wider back but I don't really see you in a 40R with those body measurements.

Thanks for the warning. 44 would be very big for me. Although the jacket showed no seam pulling; under arms, shoulders, waist line, and center, but I have not tried the pants. My thighs aren't that big but I would hate to see pant seams get pulled all different directions when I sit or move around. I may go back to store this weekend try the suit again.

Tony Montana

Reaction score
Can you explain this pre-order? I am on their mailing list and haven't received anything. Is it a pre-order for new releases?
Pre-order just means they will add stuff from the new collection to the webstore which can be ordered immediately but will ship later since it is not in stock, yet.

Last edited:

citizenshame

Reaction score
Great. I was going to place an order but I think I'll hold out for a week to see what's added. Any idea how quickly the pre-orders ship after the order is placed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads