Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Senior member

This is not correct re: Havana. All (so far) jackets appear to be half lined but at least some suits (all I have seen, as a matter of fact) were fully lined.

2. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

I stand corrected, thanks for the info. I wonder if my Havana is half-lined because it's part of their S/S collection or because it's full linen?

3. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

I visited a local store and tried on suit jackets; Havana (40R) and La Spalla (40R and 42R) model. Just give some size reference, I am 5.10" tall, have 43 chest, 34 waist 35 hip (all tape measurements on skin). I typically wear 42R suits and SC. Both Havana and La Spalla 40R jackets fitted me really snug. I felt Havana fitted little tighter than La Spalla. La Spalla jacket had fully canvassed and little to no padding. I was extremely surprised by how well the jacket fitted my body- other than sleeves length, imo, the jacket required no alteration. Also, La Spalla model felt a lot softer than Havana model. La Spalla 42R jacket fitted me okay, but I saw loose fabric around tricep area, chest, and waist- lost that dead on tightness which I got from size 40R jacket. I think by far this is the best fitted OTR suit jacket I have witness on my torso (near perfect). I am scared to order one because once I get used to tight fitted jacket and I like it then what do I do with all other jackets that I have in my closet ... BTW, for those of you own SS suits or SC, how are they holding up?

4. kulata

kulata Senior member

Don't buy tight fitting clothes. We have similar measurements and I wear a 44 Havana (considering a 46) and 44 La Spalla looked really good on me. I may have a wider back but I don't really see you in a 40R with those body measurements.

5. citizenshame

citizenshame Senior member

Does anyone know how often Suit Supply updates their offerings? Is it quarterly? When do you think we can expect to see the Havana in some new fabrics?

6. svinsvin

svinsvin Active Member

Thank you so much for your reply - that really helps. Do you remember how the width of the arms compare?

7. svinsvin

svinsvin Active Member

That have their SS and FW collections, and then they update with new models from time to time. The FW 14/15 collection presale is starting late August, afaik.

8. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Pre-order begins Wednesday next week! (6th August)

9. svinsvin

svinsvin Active Member

Oh, perfect. Where did you get that from?

10. MilanoStyle

I remember that size 40R jacket sleeves hugged my arms and showed natural contours. With 42R jacket, I lost that fine line and definitely needed some trimming around sleeves.

11. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I have had a charcoal and navy Napoli for nearly 3 years now and wear each one either weekly or every other week. No problems with stitching come apart, buttons falling off, or anything else construction. Drape is still fine. The tops of my thighs are just a little bit shiny where my hands lay or I cross my leg above my knee (I'm getting older, sue me). Still pretty happy with how they are holding.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  12. MilanoStyle

Thanks for the warning. 44 would be very big for me. Although the jacket showed no seam pulling; under arms, shoulders, waist line, and center, but I have not tried the pants. My thighs aren't that big but I would hate to see pant seams get pulled all different directions when I sit or move around. I may go back to store this weekend try the suit again.

13. citizenshame

Can you explain this pre-order? I am on their mailing list and haven't received anything. Is it a pre-order for new releases?

14. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Senior member

Pre-order just means they will add stuff from the new collection to the webstore which can be ordered immediately but will ship later since it is not in stock, yet.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  15. citizenshame

Great. I was going to place an order but I think I'll hold out for a week to see what's added. Any idea how quickly the pre-orders ship after the order is placed?