• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mmmtttt

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would appreciate a little fit advice. Havana 98 (50L) fits me perfect, while Sienna 98 is sloppy around the shoulders and too wide in the arms. I suspect Lazio will be just as bad as Sienna for me. Washington is terrible in long sizes, Napoli is too wide over the shoulders for me.

That leaves me with La Spalla/Jort as the the only option for me except Havana. Can someone compare Havana with Jort/La Spalla? Especially the width of the arms, shoulders and waist.

Thanks.

Fred

Lazio and Havana fit the same, only difference is the lining. (personal experience and measurements are the same afaik)

svinsvin

Reaction score
Lazio and Havana fit the same, only difference is the lining. (personal experience and measurements are the same afaik)
How about Sienna compared to Lazio and Havana then? Because I feel Sienna is much more loose than Havana.

Last edited:

mmmtttt

Reaction score
How about Sienna compared to Lazio and Havana then? Because I feel Sienna is much more loose than Havana.

I don't own a Sienna, the only 3 models I own are the London, Lazio and Havana. The Lazio and Havana fit very similar with the Havana feeling just a little tighter. Havana has less shoulder and fits a little closer to the body due to its construction.

phsiao08

Reaction score
Yup would agree but it's also a different look - Havanna is a bit shorter and 'tighter'. I would say for the same size, Sienna's are more fitted than the Lazios especially in the shouolder

svinsvin

Reaction score
OK thanks for the replies. Would love to see someone comparing Havana to Jort/La Spalla. As said, especially the width of the arms, shoulders and waist. Thanks.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second MTM order

Reaction score
My goodness the fit, feel, and look of the navy napoli is impressive! Overnighted a 36R and suit jacket fits amazingly great OTR. Pants will need to be hemmed. Not an issue with the pants, but I'll have to do some cardio and layoff the ice cream for a little bit.

Thank you so much guys for your opinions and tips! Will post pics later if anyone wants to see.

And now to look for ties! Thinking about some 2, 2.5" ties.

Last edited:

jimanchower

Reaction score

My goodness the fit, feel, and look of the navy napoli is impressive! Overnighted a 36R and suit jacket fits amazingly great OTR. Pants will need to be hemmed. Not an issue with the pants, but I'll have to do some cardio and layoff the ice cream for a little bit.

Thank you so much guys for your opinions and tips! Will post pics later if anyone wants to see. 

And now to look for ties! Thinking about some 2, 2.5" ties.

That's going to be too narrow for the Napoli with its 3.5" lapels. I wouldn't go any smaller than 3".

ScottMC

Reaction score
Can you guys give some feedback on this Havana 40R? It's got some drape in the chest, and the waist feels a little loose. Should I work with it or try the 38R?

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you guys give some feedback on this Havana 40R? It's got some drape in the chest, and the waist feels a little loose. Should I work with it or try the 38R?

2 modes of thought:
1) Order the 38R just to try it out. you may like it better, you may not. Send back if not.

2) I think the shoulders fit very well. Shaping through the waist and hips is very easy. also doesn't look like you'd need to do anything to the sleeve length.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
I am a Havana 40R and had the sides cleaned up a bit - nip that thing and I think the fit will turn out spot on. The 38 was tighter in the waist, but too tight overall elsewhere.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 38R in the Havana and off the rack it fit me exactly how yours does. All I did was had them pinch the sides and nothing else. You should golden after that.

Jackthelad

Reaction score

Does anyone know if the summer linen / cotton suits that would normally be lined in the F/W line (like the Lazio for instance) are lined in the summer? Seems to defeat the point of buying a linen suit if it's fully lined.

If not, has anyone ever had success turning a fully lined jacket into a 1/2 lined one?

I totally agree, and find it very annoying that pretty much all of their linen suits are fully lined. I suppose one would have to go with their MTM program to get the jacket half lined. Obviously at a higher price point.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally agree, and find it very annoying that pretty much all of their linen suits are fully lined. I suppose one would have to go with their MTM program to get the jacket half lined. Obviously at a higher price point.
My Havana linen suit is NOT fully lined. In fact none of the Havanas in both suiting and odd jackets are fully lined...they are half lined. Mine is half lined in cotton with the sleeves being lined in I think either poly or Bemberg.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads