• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rink

Reaction score
I ordered a 5-pack yesterday. I can comment on the quality when they arrive.

That would be much appreciated - thanks!

Not the best. They get holes in them after 2-3 wears.

Really helpful - thanks. That's exactly the type of quality I would want to avoid. Unless 00Schneider reports otherwise, looks like I will avoid.

Along those lines, does anyone have any suggestions for similar socks that come in varied sizes (apart from just one size fits all, or fits 6-12)? Thanks again all!

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would be much appreciated - thanks!

Really helpful - thanks. That's exactly the type of quality I would want to avoid. Unless 00Schneider reports otherwise, looks like I will avoid.

Along those lines, does anyone have any suggestions for similar socks that come in varied sizes (apart from just one size fits all, or fits 6-12)? Thanks again all!

Sozzi. Exquisite trimmings might still have some.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
They are on sale too. As are Bresciani at henrycarter.com if I remember rightly. I can also recommend meschausettesrouges.com - I have a lot of their socks, Mazarin and Gammarelli. I suspect the former are made in the same factory as Sozzi.

rink

Reaction score
They are on sale too. As are Bresciani at henrycarter.com if I remember rightly. I can also recommend meschausettesrouges.com - I have a lot of their socks, Mazarin and Gammarelli. I suspect the former are made in the same factory as Sozzi.

Appreciate it, thanks mimo

MonoCrazee

Reaction score
Getting married in September and I've asked my groomsmen to wear dark-grey to complement my grey MTM blueline. Due to a mistake on my end, two of my groomsmen have a tailored Napoli Antra and one of them with a tailored Faux-Uni.

Does anyone have pics of the Napoli Faux-Uni and Napoli Antra side-by-side? Do they clash?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hello all, a noob checking in. After countless hours of reading up on suits, I purchased the Suit Supply Napoli in plain navy. It seems that there are conflicting opinions on the accuracy of Suit Supply's size advisor. So with that, what's everyone's take on it?

For reference, of the suits I've tried, I typically am a 38R or 38S. I've tried the BR Monogram, BR tailored, both of which fit fine of the rack in a size 38R. I've also tried the 38R Jcrew factory thomposon, and also some ludlows in a 38S and those were fine as well. The Suit Supply size advisor recommended a size 34R in the Napoli plain navy, and so I went with that. Does that seem rather small...or think that will be fine? :(

Don't know if this will help but I'm about 5'9" without shoes, 170 lbs. Sort of athletic, slightly broader shoulders.

I really appreciate any feedback, and thanks a bunch!!

Last edited:

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Hello all, a noob checking in. After countless hours of reading up on suits, I purchased the Suit Supply Napoli in plain navy. It seems that there are conflicting opinions on the accuracy of Suit Supply's size advisor. So with that, what's everyone's take on it?

For reference, of the suits I've tried, I typically am a 38R or 38S. I've tried the BR Monogram, BR tailored, both of which fit fine of the rack in a size 38R. I've also tried the 38R Jcrew factory thomposon, and also some ludlows in a 38S and those were fine as well. The Suit Supply size advisor recommended a size 34R in the Napoli plain navy, and so I went with that. Does that seem rather small...or think that will be fine? :(

Don't know if this will help but I'm about 5'9" without shoes, 170 lbs. Sort of athletic, slightly broader shoulders.

Pics...

Synthetic

Reaction score

I have a Napoli in size 34. I'm about 5'9" 150lbs, and it's a decent fit but on the snug side (I was a little thinner when I bought it). I'm guessing you're going to need a 36R, which would be consistent with others' having said they needed to size down one size with the Napoli from their normal size. Post pics when it arrives.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here's the BR Monogram in a 38R. There is definitely room in the waist area that can be taken in as it feels loose there. Shoulders feel fine.

Here's a 38S JCrew Factory Thompson. The suit jacket feels a looser than the BR Monogram. Ludlows are definitely a lot tighter on me in the same size. Pants I ordered the wrong size lol..

As for measurements entered into the Suit Supply size advisor:

Height 69"
Chest 37"
Upper waist 35"
Lower waist 34"

Suggested size 34R, in the mail but won't receive it until next Monday.

Thanks a ton for all your help and feedback gents!

jimanchower

Reaction score

As for measurements entered into the Suit Supply size advisor:

Height 69"
Chest 37"
Upper waist 35"
Lower waist 34"

Suggested size 34R, in the mail but won't receive it until next Monday.

If nothing else the trouser waist of a 34R is going to be too small; check out the product measurements listed. Like the other poster said, you look like a 36R.

I bought a Napoli 38R about a year ago and the size advisor recommended 38R. I don't recall my measurements, but I was about 20 pounds heavier and had a waist about 2" larger. The shoulders are a touch to big but it fits well enough. I actually just ordered a 36R this week to determine if I need to sell my 38R and size down. I'm 71/38/33/35 for what it's worth.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Measure a suit that you like, compare to measurements of the product themselves, order the closest match and maybe the next closest.

svinsvin

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would appreciate a little fit advice. Havana 98 (50L) fits me perfect, while Sienna 98 is sloppy around the shoulders and too wide in the arms. I suspect Lazio will be just as bad as Sienna for me. Washington is terrible in long sizes, Napoli is too wide over the shoulders for me.

That leaves me with La Spalla/Jort as the the only option for me except Havana. Can someone compare Havana with Jort/La Spalla? Especially the width of the arms, shoulders and waist.

Thanks.

Fred

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads