• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

simple80t

Reaction score
Ah, they need to fix that...

maybe call a rep for the exact measurements?

They need to kick their webmaster's butt. To have such an important function not work properly for so long is not acceptable.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
It's been down for what seems like a couple of weeks now. Anyone know the shoulder measurement of a 40R Lazio by chance?

PapaRubbery

Reaction score

Dispence

Reaction score
Does anyone have, or have you seen any of the $399 Napoli fabrics?

Specifically the blue birds eye P3758I. Wondering on the shade of the blue. Let me know if you've seen it.

Thanks!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the York replacing the London as the British-inspired cut?

The Gold Bug

Reaction score

Is the York replacing the London as the British-inspired cut?

Apparently, the London was simply renamed to York. A London suit from this winter collection now appears as the York on the website.
But the fit from the new collection does suggest they've tweaked it a bit. I guess we'll know once someone reviews it.

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score
Ok guys please tell me how these two fit. I ordered both the Napoli and Sienna in 34R and 36R. The pictures here are 34R each (darker one is Napoli and lighter one is Sienna). I tried on the 36 Napoli jacket and it felt much roomier than the 34 so I didn't bother taking pics. Again this will be used for interviews. I'm thinking the Sienna grey is a better grey than the Napoli which almost feels black. Please excuse the quality of the pics, I did the best I could with a gorrilapod and a 10 sec timer.

Also can someone help me understand if the ends of the shoulders are supposed to be "boxy" like that when I raise up my arms? I'm not too versed in suits as this will be my first one so any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Napoli 34R:

Sienna 34R:

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
You need to take a long size suit. At Suitsupply they only have 38L ander bigger.

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score
Both jackets just end at the end of my buttcheeks. I agree that the sleeves are a bit short but everything I read in this thread indicated that I should find a jacket that fits well in the shoulders and the chest. The sleeves of the 36R are just a slight bit longer but the jacket feels much roomier in the chest. I'll try it on in a bit and take some more pics for you guys to review.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both jackets just end at the end of my buttcheeks. I agree that the sleeves are a bit short but everything I read in this thread indicated that I should find a jacket that fits well in the shoulders and the chest. The sleeves of the 36R are just a slight bit longer but the jacket feels much roomier in the chest. I'll try it on in a bit and take some more pics for you guys to review.

The sleeves are more than just a bit short. Yes, you should find a jacket that fits well in the shoulders and chest, but if the sleeves are so short that they can't be lengthened it's a futile exercise. Having short sleeves looks just as bad as a jacket that doesn't fit in the shoulders. I'd bring it to a good tailor and ask if they can fix it before cutting of the tags. If they can't, then suitsupply is simply the wrong brand for you. You're not the first who's had issues because of the working buttonholes.

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, really do appreciate it. I just tried on the 36R Napoli and the sleeves are just as short as the 34R. I'm going to take them back to the store (ordered online) and try on a 38L for giggles and see if that will be workable but I doubt it.

If SS is not for me (which is sad because I really like their suits), which other brands could I consider for a good quality half/full canvassed suit?

allegrokev

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, really do appreciate it. I just tried on the 36R Napoli and the sleeves are just as short as the 34R. I'm going to take them back to the store (ordered online) and try on a 38L for giggles and see if that will be workable but I doubt it.

If SS is not for me (which is sad because I really like their suits), which other brands could I consider for a good quality half/full canvassed suit?

In my opinion, there is nothing in the same price bracket that comes even close to Suitsupply. For the extra you'd have to spend to get the next best thing, you might as well talk to Suitsupply about going made-to-measure. Enjoy.

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score
In my opinion, there is nothing in the same price bracket that comes even close to Suitsupply. For the extra you'd have to spend to get the next best thing, you might as well talk to Suitsupply about going made-to-measure. Enjoy.
Way ahead of you. Already called and asked questions about their MTM. I'll be going in tomorrow to get measured. They said 4-6 weeks, I'm hoping it's more on the 4 weeks side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics