• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Canadian pricing just went up $30 across the board. Not so pleased with that :(

Between the extremely limited (compared to other areas) selection and the price increases, I'm not sure Suit Supply is going to stay competitive in Canada for much longer. Prices are starting to get within range of what is available for full canvas MTM suiting.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Between the extremely limited (compared to other areas) selection and the price increases, I'm not sure Suit Supply is going to stay competitive in Canada for much longer. Prices are starting to get within range of what is available for full canvas MTM suiting.

SS in any other currency than euros is already about 25% more expensive. That's why I don't buy it in the UK anymore, only on visits to mainland Europe.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How are SS ties? I recently tried a Copenhagen jacket, looking for something unstructured and summer. And it was insanely, insanely, insanely short. Really it seems like most of their stuff is (which is very unfortunate), but I'm ridiculously impressed with their logistics, and so I'd much rather exchange than seek a refund.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the US, if you change your shipping site to UK, go into the pre-order, and then change it back to US, it will leave you on the pre-order site and you can see US shipping estimates.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
spring/summer preorder is live on the website.
Luckily (for my purse) there is no item I NEED to get right now.

There are items relevant to my interests. Will wait until there's the vaguest hint of Spring before ordering though.
laugh.gif

BTW, anyone know how York items fit IRL? Are they new for this year?

Also, I may have asked this before, but... same size for Madison as Soho?

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
York fit is indeed new, but the website says it has a lower buttoning point, which is good news! I'm not very impressed with the new collection, but I do like the double breasted vests, especially the checked ones. Anyone got an idea what to wear with that plain navy one though? Seems more like it should be part of a suit.

Last edited:

itraxx

Reaction score
York fit is indeed new, but the website says it has a lower buttoning point, which is good news! I'm not very impressed with the new collection, but I do like the double breasted vests, especially the checked ones. Anyone got an idea what to wear with that plain navy one though? Seems more like it should be part of a suit.

I believe the York is simply the London with a new name. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm glad to finally see this great fit in something other than plain Navy!

stromdotcom

Reaction score
The blue copenhagen in the preorder is pretty close to what I wanted, except I wanted navy. How close are these "plain blue" suitsupply colors to navy? Are they dark, or kind of flashy blues? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Last edited:

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to visit the Toronto store when it opens before I pass judgement. Like you I'm annoyed with the more edited selection, honestly give us the same selection as the Americans please. As for the $30 spread in pricing is no surprise, perhaps to deal with recent tinkering with Loonie by the Bank of Canada Governor Stephen Poloz, who knows.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can anyone speak to their ties?

steffenbp11

Reaction score

I own a few, but I must admit that I don´t wear them very often. They are ok, especially the silks, but they are a little om the skinny side for me. They do tie quite a nice knot. Clarinetplayer has posted pics of some rather nice silks, so Iif something strikes your fancy I would say go for it.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have four SS ties. All of them are wool and make a nice knot. They are on the skinny side--but not so much as to be "costume-like". I enjoy the texture and the shades of colors--hues and shades that I don't see in places like Brooks Bros. The price is comparable to a Brooks Bros tie.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto to what cp and steffen said. They are not hefty. While I like the knots, I do find that some of my older purchases (circa 2012) don't stay tight throughout the day. My new batch from last year are a little better at that,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics