Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

Canadian pricing just went up $30 across the board. Not so pleased with that :(

Between the extremely limited (compared to other areas) selection and the price increases, I'm not sure Suit Supply is going to stay competitive in Canada for much longer. Prices are starting to get within range of what is available for full canvas MTM suiting.

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

SS in any other currency than euros is already about 25% more expensive. That's why I don't buy it in the UK anymore, only on visits to mainland Europe.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

How are SS ties? I recently tried a Copenhagen jacket, looking for something unstructured and summer. And it was insanely, insanely, insanely short. Really it seems like most of their stuff is (which is very unfortunate), but I'm ridiculously impressed with their logistics, and so I'd much rather exchange than seek a refund.

4. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

In the US, if you change your shipping site to UK, go into the pre-order, and then change it back to US, it will leave you on the pre-order site and you can see US shipping estimates.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

There are items relevant to my interests. Will wait until there's the vaguest hint of Spring before ordering though. [​IMG]

BTW, anyone know how York items fit IRL? Are they new for this year?

Also, I may have asked this before, but... same size for Madison as Soho?

6. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

I hope the final collection will include more outerwear options. I really need a new trenchcoat for spring/summer :) I haven't heard of the York before btw

7. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

York fit is indeed new, but the website says it has a lower buttoning point, which is good news! I'm not very impressed with the new collection, but I do like the double breasted vests, especially the checked ones. Anyone got an idea what to wear with that plain navy one though? Seems more like it should be part of a suit.

8. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

I believe the York is simply the London with a new name. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm glad to finally see this great fit in something other than plain Navy!

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

It seems like the lapel shape is a bit different.

10. stromdotcom

stromdotcom New Member

The blue copenhagen in the preorder is pretty close to what I wanted, except I wanted navy. How close are these "plain blue" suitsupply colors to navy? Are they dark, or kind of flashy blues? It's hard to tell from the photos.

11. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I want to visit the Toronto store when it opens before I pass judgement. Like you I'm annoyed with the more edited selection, honestly give us the same selection as the Americans please. As for the $30 spread in pricing is no surprise, perhaps to deal with recent tinkering with Loonie by the Bank of Canada Governor Stephen Poloz, who knows.

12. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Can anyone speak to their ties?

13. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

I own a few, but I must admit that I donĀ“t wear them very often. They are ok, especially the silks, but they are a little om the skinny side for me. They do tie quite a nice knot. Clarinetplayer has posted pics of some rather nice silks, so Iif something strikes your fancy I would say go for it.

14. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I have four SS ties. All of them are wool and make a nice knot. They are on the skinny side--but not so much as to be "costume-like". I enjoy the texture and the shades of colors--hues and shades that I don't see in places like Brooks Bros. The price is comparable to a Brooks Bros tie.

15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Ditto to what cp and steffen said. They are not hefty. While I like the knots, I do find that some of my older purchases (circa 2012) don't stay tight throughout the day. My new batch from last year are a little better at that,