• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SS 376

Reaction score
Thank you for your input.

If you're referring to this review, then yes https://www.styleforum.net/threads/suitsupply-traveller-review.629088/

Someone in the thread also pointed out that the fabric got a little sheen to it after some wear. Did you have such experience with yours so far?
No, but I didn’t wear it very much, to be honest. I’ve worn it perhaps a handful of times. I’d be really disappointed if it showed any sheen at all. I’d expect that from some schlock from like Men’s Warehouse but not SS.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If SS fixed their high button stance on the single breasted Havana jackets, I'd purchase several of them. As for now, I'm only buying their double breasted jackets.

Sellidor

Reaction score
That wide lapel looks great. I also wish they had a slightly lower buttoning stance, but considering the price I haven't seen any good alternatives. I think that can be adjusted through their MTM service, I might try that someday.

gctoto11

Reaction score
That wide lapel looks great. I also wish they had a slightly lower buttoning stance, but considering the price I haven't seen any good alternatives. I think that can be adjusted through their MTM service, I might try that someday.
I agree that the button stance can be lower, but it is not a big enough issue for me to stay away from them, especially with this awesome wide lapel cut, which is now my favourite cut alongside Washington. I used to just buy standard Havana which work and have most options but abit bored but them now. Shame that they don’t do more wide lapels and peak laps stuff - I think their old collection with larger peak and curved lapels with patch pockets are great but they don’t produce them anymore...

TheSupplier

Reaction score
The Wider Peak lapel half-lined Washington is back in stock again. They put it back into production it seems.

old classic!

djs5150

Reaction score
Would you all recommend the Sienna suit if you only needed 1 or 2 suits? The Napoli and Lazio's lapels are way too wide on my build. I know the Sienna is made a little different. Thoughts?

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
FINALLY got my wide lapel Havana navy suit as my work horse recently. I was originally worried that the lapels look to wide since I had narrow shoulders... but the results are surprisingly nice in my view sorry for the crappy pic:
View attachment 1288355
I'm sorry (at no slight at you, moreso at SS) but this just looks comical. This isn't even a question of "this is fashionable now but look dated in 4 years). This looks ridiculous now and will look ridiculous for the next 100 years, much like 2 inch lapels from the years past.

Joefitz

Reaction score
I'm sorry (at no slight at you, moreso at SS) but this just looks comical. This isn't even a question of "this is fashionable now but look dated in 4 years). This looks ridiculous now and will look ridiculous for the next 100 years, much like 2 inch lapels from the years past.
Disagree. Wide lapels always look good. Now and forever

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Def on the wide lapel train. They generally look good and have for years now, especially on single breasted.

Wide Lapel Double Breasted seems to be more controversial for some reason. SS even slimmed down the lapels on those.

RIP Madison aka the Havana Double Breasted Pleated fit.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheSupplier

Reaction score
That is true but they only make those on the Traveller and discontinued them on just about all the other suit.

theres a gray/navy check and a bunch of other awesome DBs they released this season which normally would have been wide lapel but are now skinny.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about that one. Unsure about the Traveller fabric. Afraid thst if looks and feels to cheap.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 279 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40