• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SS 376

Reaction score
Thank you for your input.

If you're referring to this review, then yes https://www.styleforum.net/threads/suitsupply-traveller-review.629088/

Someone in the thread also pointed out that the fabric got a little sheen to it after some wear. Did you have such experience with yours so far?

No, but I didn’t wear it very much, to be honest. I’ve worn it perhaps a handful of times. I’d be really disappointed if it showed any sheen at all. I’d expect that from some schlock from like Men’s Warehouse but not SS.

gctoto11

Reaction score
FINALLY got my wide lapel Havana navy suit as my work horse recently. I was originally worried that the lapels look to wide since I had narrow shoulders... but the results are surprisingly nice in my view sorry for the crappy pic:

Sellidor

Reaction score
That wide lapel looks great. I also wish they had a slightly lower buttoning stance, but considering the price I haven't seen any good alternatives. I think that can be adjusted through their MTM service, I might try that someday.

gctoto11

Reaction score
That wide lapel looks great. I also wish they had a slightly lower buttoning stance, but considering the price I haven't seen any good alternatives. I think that can be adjusted through their MTM service, I might try that someday.

I agree that the button stance can be lower, but it is not a big enough issue for me to stay away from them, especially with this awesome wide lapel cut, which is now my favourite cut alongside Washington. I used to just buy standard Havana which work and have most options but abit bored but them now. Shame that they don’t do more wide lapels and peak laps stuff - I think their old collection with larger peak and curved lapels with patch pockets are great but they don’t produce them anymore...

TheSupplier

Reaction score
The Wider Peak lapel half-lined Washington is back in stock again. They put it back into production it seems.

old classic!

djs5150

Reaction score
Would you all recommend the Sienna suit if you only needed 1 or 2 suits? The Napoli and Lazio's lapels are way too wide on my build. I know the Sienna is made a little different. Thoughts?

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
FINALLY got my wide lapel Havana navy suit as my work horse recently. I was originally worried that the lapels look to wide since I had narrow shoulders... but the results are surprisingly nice in my view sorry for the crappy pic:
View attachment 1288355

I'm sorry (at no slight at you, moreso at SS) but this just looks comical. This isn't even a question of "this is fashionable now but look dated in 4 years). This looks ridiculous now and will look ridiculous for the next 100 years, much like 2 inch lapels from the years past.

Joefitz

Reaction score
I'm sorry (at no slight at you, moreso at SS) but this just looks comical. This isn't even a question of "this is fashionable now but look dated in 4 years). This looks ridiculous now and will look ridiculous for the next 100 years, much like 2 inch lapels from the years past.
Disagree. Wide lapels always look good. Now and forever

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Def on the wide lapel train. They generally look good and have for years now, especially on single breasted.

Wide Lapel Double Breasted seems to be more controversial for some reason. SS even slimmed down the lapels on those.

RIP Madison aka the Havana Double Breasted Pleated fit.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheSupplier

Reaction score
That is true but they only make those on the Traveller and discontinued them on just about all the other suit.

theres a gray/navy check and a bunch of other awesome DBs they released this season which normally would have been wide lapel but are now skinny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads