• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score
Something like this is borderline loud for my taste:

E73F4962-D731-43CC-AB49-4B6FB83DB2F4.jpeg

pomor

Reaction score
I was close to getting this last summer but cancelled — a bit thin and it looked too unstructured in real life photos:

F1BCACCE-0E52-4763-89B0-0A74F9B8245C.jpeg

TheSupplier

Reaction score
I have the second suit already (well picking it up from the tailor next week) and I love it. However, I prefer bolder suits (works well in my line of work as well) I bought it so I can use it for separates as well as a whole suit. The first jacket would be my preference if I was just looking for a jacket. Has more presence.

The Lazio jacket is also nice even without the patch pockets for the price IMO.

I am going on vacation in 2 weeks so I probably gonna take a break from buying suits for myself. But when I come back ill be looking heavily at the Brown Havana

VnV6BsB.jpg

I normally don't like brown suits but since this one isnt so blaringly brown its right up my alley.

davidazio

Reaction score
Anyone have a traveler DB and can comment to cut and fit? Curious about the spalla camicial, not entirely sold on the single breasted travelers I have tried so far, but have a pair of traveler trousers I like that are asking to be made into a suit...

Mrlol

Reaction score
Hi,

Im thinking of buying a jort blazer with 80% silk and 20% linen blend. What you guys think of this blend, pros and cons?

Second blazer is 54% silk, 27% linen, 19% wool. Pros and cons?

Both blazers are white/beige

I live in a Cold country put would use them indoors only

Thanks

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Im thinking of buying a jort blazer with 80% silk and 20% linen blend. What you guys think of this blend, pros and cons?

Second blazer is 54% silk, 27% linen, 19% wool. Pros and cons?

Both blazers are white/beige

I live in a Cold country put would use them indoors only

Thanks
I have more experience with the first one. I had an 80% silk one and it felt hot. So, I would only wear it on winter or cold fall days. Secondly, the silk doesn't seem to wear well. I started developing "molting" in areas of stress. That is, fabric would wear faster and lose fibers. It was a shame as the fabric felt so soft. I quickly got rid of it.

a 50% silk one may be different, though.

zacktucci

Reaction score
Anyone have a traveler DB and can comment to cut and fit? Curious about the spalla camicial, not entirely sold on the single breasted travelers I have tried so far, but have a pair of traveler trousers I like that are asking to be made into a suit...
Stay away from the traveller fabrics. Terrible quality and the cut of the db jackets is just off, not like the madison.

zanci

Reaction score
So, i have been to the londom store. Online advisors always say that you should take the same size for suits and overcoats. This is wrong. Size 1 size up. The double breasted fit for overcoats is much better for me then the vicenza though. Sadly they said no tweed suits planned...

davidazio

Reaction score
Thanks @zacktucci, can you explain why you feel the cut of the jackets is off? I travel a lot for work and while I agree the traveler fabric feels thin and flimsy, they are very wrinkle resistant and I do like that.

@zanci that is my experience also, both in terms of sizing up for overcoats and that DB work much better than the Vicenza.

caschta

Reaction score
For me it's the opposite. The Vicenza in 38L is perfect (same size as my suits). I tried the Bleeker in 40R and it's way too boxy. I didn't try the 38R because they had no Bleeker coat in this size unfortunately.

I'm really hoping for an emerald coat in the next drop.

sansimeon

Reaction score
Vicenza fits same as suits for me. Wearing my regular size gets tight with a suit/sc under, one size up fits fine.

I also have a Bleeker one size up but had to take the waist in.

zanci

Reaction score
Has the hartford high rise? I have a suit in jort 38r and a new hartford in the same size. The jort fits perfect in the waist. The hartford is perfect if I wear it higher. What do you think? I need to get it cuffed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads