1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pomor

pomor Senior Member

Something like this is borderline loud for my taste:

E73F4962-D731-43CC-AB49-4B6FB83DB2F4.jpeg

2. pomor

pomor Senior Member

And something like THIS is too inconspicuous of a pattern:

350455C7-947C-48DC-B910-B8FD1E027D2B.jpeg

3. pomor

pomor Senior Member

I was close to getting this last summer but cancelled — a bit thin and it looked too unstructured in real life photos:

F1BCACCE-0E52-4763-89B0-0A74F9B8245C.jpeg

4. TheSupplier

TheSupplier Senior Member

I have the second suit already (well picking it up from the tailor next week) and I love it. However, I prefer bolder suits (works well in my line of work as well) I bought it so I can use it for separates as well as a whole suit. The first jacket would be my preference if I was just looking for a jacket. Has more presence.

The Lazio jacket is also nice even without the patch pockets for the price IMO.

I am going on vacation in 2 weeks so I probably gonna take a break from buying suits for myself. But when I come back ill be looking heavily at the Brown Havana

[​IMG]

I normally don't like brown suits but since this one isnt so blaringly brown its right up my alley.

5. 2942

2942 Senior Member

I have this and it's one of my favourite jackets. Not too plain, not too loud and so so easy to pair with.

6. davidazio

davidazio Senior Member

Anyone have a traveler DB and can comment to cut and fit? Curious about the spalla camicial, not entirely sold on the single breasted travelers I have tried so far, but have a pair of traveler trousers I like that are asking to be made into a suit...

7. Mrlol

Mrlol Senior Member

Hi,

Im thinking of buying a jort blazer with 80% silk and 20% linen blend. What you guys think of this blend, pros and cons?

Second blazer is 54% silk, 27% linen, 19% wool. Pros and cons?

Both blazers are white/beige

I live in a Cold country put would use them indoors only

Thanks

8. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

I have more experience with the first one. I had an 80% silk one and it felt hot. So, I would only wear it on winter or cold fall days. Secondly, the silk doesn't seem to wear well. I started developing "molting" in areas of stress. That is, fabric would wear faster and lose fibers. It was a shame as the fabric felt so soft. I quickly got rid of it.

a 50% silk one may be different, though.

9. zacktucci

zacktucci Member

Stay away from the traveller fabrics. Terrible quality and the cut of the db jackets is just off, not like the madison.

10. zanci

zanci Senior Member

So, i have been to the londom store. Online advisors always say that you should take the same size for suits and overcoats. This is wrong. Size 1 size up. The double breasted fit for overcoats is much better for me then the vicenza though. Sadly they said no tweed suits planned...

11. davidazio

davidazio Senior Member

Thanks @zacktucci, can you explain why you feel the cut of the jackets is off? I travel a lot for work and while I agree the traveler fabric feels thin and flimsy, they are very wrinkle resistant and I do like that.

@zanci that is my experience also, both in terms of sizing up for overcoats and that DB work much better than the Vicenza.

12. caschta

caschta New Member

For me it's the opposite. The Vicenza in 38L is perfect (same size as my suits). I tried the Bleeker in 40R and it's way too boxy. I didn't try the 38R because they had no Bleeker coat in this size unfortunately.

I'm really hoping for an emerald coat in the next drop.

13. zanci

zanci Senior Member

I have a cashmere vicenza in 38r (same as suits), it fits ok, 40 would be better

14. sansimeon

sansimeon Senior Member

Vicenza fits same as suits for me. Wearing my regular size gets tight with a suit/sc under, one size up fits fine.

I also have a Bleeker one size up but had to take the waist in.

15. zanci

zanci Senior Member

Has the hartford high rise? I have a suit in jort 38r and a new hartford in the same size. The jort fits perfect in the waist. The hartford is perfect if I wear it higher. What do you think? I need to get it cuffed