1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

I size up for suits from 38L 40L because of the added length and lower button stance. I made the mistake of buying the Vicenza in 38L last winter. Despite being fairly slim, it was way too tight with tailoring. This around I will definitely go for the 40L.

2. pomor

pomor Senior Member

I have 5 Vicenzas (3 winter and 2 spring/summer) — all same size as suits — 38R. It looks fine even with a 3-piece under or a sport coat and a knit underneath.

3. ajcorbell

ajcorbell New Member

Hi all

I have a few items from Suitsupply, the peak lapel dinner suit, a Lazio sport coat, and a Lazio suit which unfortunately no longer fits which I donated.

A few weeks ago I had my first try at the Custom Made offering, as I need a different trouser/jacket sizing, and picked this up:

[​IMG]

I had a good experience with it and really happy with the fit, it allowed my to have a slightly less 'Suitsupply fitting' pair of trousers which was a big plus, as well as allowing for side adjusters etc.

I'll be wearing this suit for work, and work in quite a corporate environment (Big 4 consulting), and am looking to get another suit done. I was considering this Birdseye suit as my second:

[​IMG]

Good choice? Or can offer any alternatives?

I'm also rather annoyed they aren't doing a wool navy DB coat this year...!

Cheers

4. davidazio

davidazio Senior Member

@ajcorbell If I were you I would go for a grey suit for more versatility. I have a Napoli in the VBC dark grey that I like a lot, I think this is the fabric code: 586.861/122.

5. ajcorbell

ajcorbell New Member

Looks nice, will check in out in store next week.

6. Torzano

Torzano Senior Member

Does anyone size up in Havana suits? I have a 40 Hudson suit that fits well and I tried a Havana in the store and a 42 fit better. Maybe the suits have gotten slimmer?

7. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Well-Known Member

I've found shoulders of the Hudson fit larger than any other models(even the Napoli) which I like a lot. I think that's due to the pleats.

8. BlairW

BlairW Senior Member

The sizing is notoriously inconsistent - I've had Havanas fit bigger than Hudsons and also vice versa. I've got one Hudson that seems to fit almost a size bigger than all of my other SS jackets.

Overall I would say the shoulders are the same between those two cuts though it can be luck of the draw

9. davidazio

davidazio Senior Member

I only size up in Lazio, Hudson and Washington. I actually find the Havana to be one of the roomier fits, but as BlairW says sizing is inconsistent so this may not always stand the test.

10. BlairW

BlairW Senior Member

+1 on dark grey/charcoal for 2nd suit in conservative environment

11. gianm

gianm Well-Known Member

How does the Havana fit compared to the Sienna? My Sienna fits quite nicely in a 36S but the chest is a bit tight. I noticed that the lapels bow/aren't quite flat.

12. TheSupplier

TheSupplier Senior Member

13. cakv

cakv Senior Member

Does anyone have pics of the pleated shoulder on an MTM suit?

14. Thilgela

Thilgela Senior Member

I don't have it with me, but it's pleated + roped. So not spalla camicia, but con rollino. It's really well done though.

15. Thilgela

Thilgela Senior Member

something like this

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 3.45.59 PM.png