• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score
Look what I found laying around:

Blk3xse.jpg

vbAiHTp.jpg

in a 36R.

If that were a 38R I would sure keep it! Its really a shame I wasn't into suits when this was out.
So is this the San Diego fit? Are the shoulders padded ala the Washington?

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Yeah it's exactly the same as the Washington!

Only difference I found is that it has that wide notched lapel.

It even has the same buttons on the sleeves as the Washington would.

Dandy_dapper

Reaction score
Combination of factors, I suppose. Bigger guys probably also have trouble, but the further you stray from the mean in any direction, the more alterations you need. There are many opportunities to screw up. The problem is especially acute in MTM since the suit is being made to fit one person, whom the manufacturer never fits, instead of many.

Apart from that, the base MTM jacket for SuSu is short and has a high gorge, which cannot be altered. That is not especially flattering for the tall. So when you adjust the length and lower the button-stance, you throw off the proportions because the gorge remains the same.

I wish they would offer a more conservative version of the Washington (lower gorge, notch lapels, no ticket pocket, higher rise trousers). That's really the only OTR cut of theirs that works for me, even though I dislike the details and have to tailor the bejesus out of it. The Hudson (excuse me - HAVANA PLEATED) is okay, but even the 50L is too short and the button stance too high.

cf:
View attachment 1031608 View attachment 1031609

That shirt triangle sucks my will to live.
pure classic, that pants are just perfect

pomor

Reaction score
This suit actually looks decent in the video than that green one we saw in a photo a few posts up

pomor

Reaction score
Good Morning,
Any jort codes already leaked? many Thanks!

I haven’t checked — my plan for the last few weeks has been to save money for the January outlet and buy 2-3 older Jorts if they are going to be 50-60% off again

Last edited:

TheSupplier

Reaction score
I haven’t checked — my plan for the last few weeks has been to save money for the January outlet and buy 2-3 older Jorts if they are going to be 50-60% off again

I really thought that was not a smart business move on their part. Ruined the Jort lineup with that price dump. People will be really hesitant to buy one at full price after that fiasco.

Thilgela

Reaction score
I really thought that was not a smart business move on their part. Ruined the Jort lineup with that price dump. People will be really hesitant to buy one at full price after that fiasco.

I think it's a matter of perspective. You would not know what line up they'll have for the outlet and neither will you know if your size is available and if you actually like the model.

Whereas in RRP, you can order anytime you want in your size for a model you like. It's a trade off for sure.

Nevertheless, RRP Jorts still have great value, so you would not lose anything (or be at disadvantage) if you see and buy one you like paying RRP.

I would consider outlet bonus add-ons rather than main source of buying from them.

cakv

Reaction score
I think I put on a little weight since I first got this but here it is. I wanted to make it a touch longer, but was encouraged not to. I'm short torso-ed and very long legged.
IMG_4331.JPG

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty solid. Slightly boxy but no glaring problems. Maybe the right sleeve pitch is slightly off, but it could just be how your arm is positioned.

What are your thoughts on the silhouette?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads