• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuff Styleforvm overrates

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Now overrated. SF moves slowly at times, but it gets there in the end.

I dunno. They were overrated a year ago, but now seems to have settled in it's proper place as an easy to use staple rather than some grail piece. That being said, there is a bit of hype lingering about regarding patterned and printed grenadines.

I don't know why people were saying bespoke is overrated at the start of the thread. If it's within a wearer's budget, seems like viewing a good bespoke piece as a grail item is appropriate.

Overrated:
- thumbs
- Claghorn's (me!) and Stitchy's fits
- British kitchens

Last edited:

Celadon

Reaction score
Overrated:
- British kitchens

But, but... Surely British kitchens are what Classic Menswear is supposed to be all about! Or mostly, at least. And all the other SF forums, for that matter. Boxing promotion has come to be a big part of it as well, these last few days.

Underrated:
- Efficient moderating of new threads

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
Pantherella socks - are more expensive, last less long, and look no better than anything from Gold Toe.

Derek Rose nightwear. See no difference between anything they put out vs something from JC Penney, yet they charge 20 times the amount.

Zimmerli underwear. Same deal. Many multiples the price for little or no improvement in quality over what you can get in a cheap department store.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost anything to come out of Brooks Brothers in the past 25 years.

Some of the older stuff fine though. Thrift thread represent!

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue shirts, brown ties, pants that are too short, things that are more expensive than what is really needed.

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread

blue shirts are overrated?
foo.gif

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Let me guess. Brown ties and gray pants as well? He harps on them every chance he gets.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
Oh, i forgot the grey flannels. put them together and you have a school uniform .. - I jest. But it's true, these things are overrated, to the point where they exclude other viable options.

right thread though.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

lol8%5B1%5D.gif
  Oh, i forgot the grey flannels.   put them together and you have a school uniform ..     -  I jest.    But it's true, these things are overrated, to the point where they exclude other viable options.

By whom? I own and like gray flannels, but I am not wearing them today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads