• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Strange that Suspension Point has all the items from their photo shoot available except those knit stripe trousers.

Are they available anywhere but mindtrive?

love the contrast sleeve blousons

Everybody says "gilet" and "blouson" etc for no reason now because designers have conditioned them with classy French words. I'm thinking mostly of the online environment, so it will still be a fresh lark when I finally hear an Amurrican say "jillit" to refer to his vest.

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** me, why can't we get any North American stockists to make a buy like that?

leeba

Reaction score
New stuff on mindtrive looks great! knit sleeve in grey or night damn...although I do wish he'd bring back the ijevan too other cardis lookin nice too I guess

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought I remember more purple. But maybe not

I just went back to check the pics and the 18 BEE looks to be that wine melange version from mindtrive. Now I really can't wait for Schneider to fulfill that shipment.

The Tallow trousers are looking good too. They appear to be the same style as this past spring's stone trousers which I own and have enjoyed.

It is so odd that a full lookbook for SS14 has dropped yet only a few images from the upcoming FW13 season have appeared and I get the feeling that is all we are going to get. Hopefully not as it looks like there are some cool pieces in the collection.

I still don't think its a match for Frozen Waves though. Wish there was less gimmicky pieces like candles and such too on the garments. Would much rather he have just used colors and imagery from candles as opposed to putting on an actual candle image for instance.

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda wonder if something didn't go pear-shaped with the photo shoot and they just said *******.

And while I agree with you re: some of the gimmickry (some of it I think actually looks kinda interesting), tonio, I think every collection is going to be a disappointment if people keep using Frozen Waves as a reference point. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing collection and it haunts me that I missed out on most of it, but if you go back through Schneider's collections over the years it's fairly obvious that Frozen Waves was somewhat of an aberration in its modest color palettes and relative lack of design embellishments. If he ever does another similarly understated collection I'll be ecstatic, but I don't have any illusions of it being something that I should expect.

e: And while Schneider's propensity to keep exploring new ideas does lead to some hit or miss results, it also keeps it interesting for me. The Paraffin jacket is one of my favorite pieces he's ever done, and I don't think it would exist if he stuck to a much narrower scope. Like, I really like Ervell, but I also feel like after a few seasons with him you're essentially reduced to asking yourself if a slight tweak to this jacket or that shirt is worth adding to what you already have. How many different pocket sweaters does a bro need, ya know?

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the end, I sold a bunch of pieces from Frozen Waves because they did not get as much wear as I thought they might. It doesn't invalidate the collection in any way, but people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the other seasons.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah that means A/W is going up soonish

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads