• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nothing i have to have so far

wtf why did that shop cop 5 of the same hooded cardigans damn

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So... navy quilt sleeve jacket is in. Unsure if I will keep (fit wise) - the jacket itself is quite nice. Much more "visual interest" than the coveted alpaca, which I eventually sold. If I decide not to keep, will offer here at cost (pre-order) before I return. PS the place I ordered from put an impressive markup on this particular item. Let's just say the sticker price is significantly more than the pre-order price, which was more than Suspension point's in-store price. I went into it knowing I was paying a bit more for that particular color combo, but damn.

Not sure why you're being cagey with names here, thought it was pretty common knowledge that Owen offered the wool Paraffin for pre-order (hell, the page is still up).

And by Suspension Point's "in-store price" do you mean pre-order price or retail price? Because I'm pretty sure the latter is going to be at best on par with the $640 USD Owen charged for pre-order.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they knew SF would hate it and wanted to see the rage burn itt

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nothing i have to have so far

bout the same boat, maybe the tremble cardigan...damn if the outerwear doesn't look great again though. not loving the designs quite as much as frozen waves though (think I might just be lusting after a lost love though)

and because they'll sell. two fabric trousers are interesting, but seem kinda gimmicky

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
this would be cool in black, thought i saw it in SPs preview not sure

P7190921948320(9)-thumbnail2.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not sure why you're being cagey with names here, thought it was pretty common knowledge that Owen offered the wool Paraffin for pre-order (hell, the page is still up).

And by Suspension Point's "in-store price" do you mean pre-order price or retail price? Because I'm pretty sure the latter is going to be at best on par with the $640 USD Owen charged for pre-order.

Suspension Point's website lists the cotton at $570 right now (originally thought it was wool too). On the tag for the jacket Owen sent me, it says $810.

ETA: didn't post names, because I'm not complaining about the price - considering the material difference, it will likely end up being more similar price wise in the end. I had the SP pre-order form, but I forgot how much it was. I remember I it was quite a bit less though, unless that was for the cotton version too.

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suspension Point's website lists the cotton at $570 right now (originally thought it was wool too). On the tag for the jacket Owen sent me, it says $810.

Yeah but the black one on SP right now is cotton, I'd be incredibly surprised if the wool version isn't more expensive. And damn, $810 is rather steep, not even the Japanese shops are charging that much.

e: oh didn't catch your edit.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah we'll see. I'll probably sleep on it for a day or two to decide. The feel of the jacket's body reminds me of the asymetrical moss coat I had from frozen waves, although the composition is different.

Last edited:

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want the striped version mindtrive has, praying someone over in the Western Hemisphere carries it.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, was just looking at the amrag return/shipping policies debating whether to pull the trigger to see if I like it...

wish more vendors had mr. p return/shipping policies so it wasn't even a question

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, doesn't look like that should really be an issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads