• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that the company wants to take over direct sales.

The website now seems to offer unlimited configuration options, but I don't know how they can possibly offer the same level of customer service without him. I guess we will see how it plays out.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The website now seems to offer unlimited configuration options, but I don't know how they can possibly offer the same level of customer service without him. I guess we will see how it plays out.
Absolutely correct. I bought a pair from the factory and their customer service is severely lacking. Philip Carr was quite responsive via email, however.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey All:

I'm not particularly active in this thread or on SF any longer in general, but please see below from our IG account just now.

Cheers,

Z
Statement.jpg

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Damn, that is sad news. Sounds like this is only the NA region, not the entire company?

I wonder if this affects shops like Leffot etc.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds as if it’s just the direct sales channel that is closing.
I’m sure retailers will continue to sell and host trunk shows.

sforum1

Reaction score
That's because they are practically giving their shoes away. They need to increase their prices to probably $3000-$4000. That sounds a fair price to me.

Or maybe lower them to $900 so that people (besides the ones that can afford $2-3-4K) don't actually have to take out a loan to buy them. One or the other. I'll let you guys decide.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's because they are practically giving their shoes away. They need to increase their prices to probably $3000-$4000. That sounds a fair price to me.

Or maybe lower them to $900 so that people (besides the ones that can afford $2-3-4K) don't actually have to take out a loan to buy them. One or the other. I'll let you guys decide.
how are they giving their shoes away? vass also does handwelted shoes - for half the price.

sforum1

Reaction score
how are they giving their shoes away? vass also does handwelted shoes - for half the price.
I'm wondering the same thing. It must be because of the high wages in Romania:

"What is the minimum wage in Romania in 2018?
At the moment of writing this article, the minimum salary in Romania is 1,162 RON (which is around 250 Euros or $310). We’re talking about the net salary / take-home salary, so this is actually what an employee brings home after taxes and all contributions (like health insurance and pension contribution) is paid.

What is the average wage in Romania in 2018
Back to actual values, the average take-home salary in Romania in 2018 is around 2,360 RON per month (510 Euros or $630). You can check out the National Institute of statistics for updated monthly values of the average wage in the country."

https://www.romaniaexperience.com/what-is-the-minimum-and-average-salary-in-romania-in-2017/

LetsClapAlong

Reaction score
Absolutely correct. I bought a pair from the factory and their customer service is severely lacking. Philip Carr was quite responsive via email, however.

"severely lacking" would suggest it exists at all.

I hope this doesn't mean they're taking over for all retailers. The only reason I got my money back after a nine-month wait was because the retailer didn't want to lose me as a client. STC's response was just crickets in the distance.

sdfzs

Reaction score
Any of you guys who has done something in VNA 076 or 078?

Looking for inspiration and info how it ages compared to CRU

fastlane

Reaction score

Are you seriously comparing Vass to SC? I am sorry to say but SC's are the best shoes in the world for this kind of price. They are almost as good as true bespoke shoes and for sure go all the way in the direction of bespoke in terms of manufacturing etc.

I tried almost every shoe and can tell you that buying SC's is like buying a Rolls for the price of a 7series ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads