• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I'm absolutely disgusted at the notion of RvP heading to Man U. It just feels so gross and wrong - I can't be the only one who's getting that vibe?

The modern game, amiright guys?

Things are looking very interesting. Should be a very entertaining season of football.

yup, selling our best player to a rival was marsupialed move and ensures we are that much worse while they are that much better. ohwell nothing to be done about it now, bring on the new season!!

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
Frankly, I just hate United really. **** them. Wouldn't have mind at all if he went to City to be honest.

24,000,000 pounds (supposedly) is pretty hard to pass up though.

Brian SD

Reaction score
The thing I can't stomach about RVP going to United is the whole "I'll always be a gunner" ass-kissing. To go to United, of all teams, shows that he has no idea what it means to be an Arsenal supporter. You can't save face with the fans when you leave the way he did.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you mean players who realize they are wasting time at arsenal and rather win trophies ?
btw Nasri scored in the CS and started off this season with a trophy , he now had 2 since leaving arsenal...

Not to pile on but there is a good post linked below on this subject matter. Cole has 9 trophies since leaving in 2006. I forgot he left for £5m + Gallas.

http://lewbobsfootballworld.wordpre...e-grass-always-greener-after-leaving-arsenal/

They are not my club of course, but it is sort of unsettling to watch Arsenal get picked apart.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My predictions for EPL:

1. City
2. United
3. Chelsea
4. Farsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Newcastle?
7. Spurs, could be lower though if Modric leaves.

I am not going too far out on a limb with these pics.

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
I can't wait to see Arsenal crumble. Podolski, sure hang your hopes on him
crackup[1].gif
. You'd think the Gooners slayed Christ with the way people are talking. All this talk about loyalty and Gooner for life. Every man that puts on boots for a EPL team is a mercenary. They want two things, trophies or money. Once they get one, their focus is on the other. Guess which one RVP wasn't getting?

Brian SD

Reaction score

I can't wait to see Arsenal crumble. Podolski, sure hang your hopes on him 
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
. You'd think the Gooners slayed Christ with the way people are talking. All this talk about loyalty and Gooner for life. Every man that puts on boots for a EPL team is a mercenary. They want two things, trophies or money. Once they get one, their focus is on the other. Guess which one RVP wasn't getting? 

No, not everyone is a mercenary, just those who play for Spurs. :nodding:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
germany - football is not your sport. many thanks for this entertaining evening. see you on 9/11.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My predictions for EPL:
1. City
2. United
3. Chelsea
4. Farsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Newcastle?
7. Spurs, could be lower though if Modric leaves.
I am not going too far out on a limb with these pics.

you guys still watch this?

tullytra

Reaction score
No mention of the U.S.A. conquering the continent last night? Kidding, but I was thrilled watching them beat Mexico. Mexico had more chances, but the U.S. did well to scratch out a goal. Shea came on with a ton of energy. The defending wasn't superb from the U.S: too many free headers. Tim Howard was stellar in goal. Ian Darke calling the match reinforced how close the EPL start is.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have always liked Howard. One of the few Americans worthy to play the sport.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Not to pile on but there is a good post linked below on this subject matter. Cole has 9 trophies since leaving in 2006. I forgot he left for £5m + Gallas.

http://lewbobsfootballworld.wordpre...e-grass-always-greener-after-leaving-arsenal/

They are not my club of course, but it is sort of unsettling to watch Arsenal get picked apart.

no stats to back this up other than observation, but have you noticed that many players who leave are miraculously cured of their niggling injuries that plagued them during their arsenal years ? for example, cesc and before him thierry (abdominal issues). it's not to say they faked, no, the injuries were very real, but that they got actual treatment after leaving whereas i am pretty sure to save on expenses that niggardly wenger and the board hired as the head of the arsenal med staff is this guy:

the % of reccurence is highest at arsenal than any other club. diaby, rosicky, kosc, how is it that wilshire is still out until october when he was supposed to return to us sometime in feb ? they keep botching operation after operation. RVP will be the greatest test of this theory.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Spurs should be saying good riddance to Modric. That was an ugly interminable mess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads