Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you mean players who realize they are wasting time at arsenal and rather win trophies ?

btw Nasri scored in the CS and started off this season with a trophy , he now had 2 since leaving arsenal...

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Arsenal is selling his crown jewels..

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^^ Don't get me wrong. I'm an ardent supporter of RVP (rape allegations be damned) but like you mentioned, his knack for getting injured is a liability.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012

4. Burton

Burton Senior member

Unless RVP suffers some dire injury this is a phenomenal deal for United. This is what United need to wage a campaign for the EPL and CL. Could not be happier.

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I cannot believe he is going to Man U..

This is suicide from Arsenal..

Why not selling him to Real or Barca?

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

it's shocking to sell best player to a rival .........

but barca didn't need another near-30 year old plagued with injury, they have villa for that.

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Gunners will be fine with Cazorla, Podolski, and Giroud. I think.

8. Burton

Burton Senior member

^^^ At least that post makes sense. I hope he remains healthy he is the perfect United player and his work ethic will make him a fan favorite. Rooney needs someone equally threatening to take some of the heat off. I almost feel like someone told me Ronaldo was coming back.

9. LosRojiblancos

LosRojiblancos Active Member

Its the fact that players all of a sudden think they are above the club that bugs me..
    I don't disagree that this transfer is a good deal for Arsenal financially and possibly on the field too. If RVP end up spending as much time injured as he did in Arsenal and Arsenal bring in a good replacement for him, I don't consider being the "losers" here. Still, a replacement need to be broad in.

I believe that RVP, as most other players, can be replaced. I get the point about players "wanting to win trophies" and believe theres a better chance elsewhere, fine. Both Adebayor, Nasri and now RVP atleast owed the club to leave in a gentleman way, in my opinion...

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

At rsenal ,RVP was the main striker ,captain and their best player..

The situation will be different at ManU where Rooney would play anyway even on one leg..

11. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Can United get three of Rooney, Van Persie, Welbeck, and Hernandez on field at same time? And if they can, will they? Also, how does VP project as a midfielder in 2-3 years?

12. Burton

Burton Senior member

I have made this point several times in the past. You cannot have a single team and compete in both the EPL and CL. Having a single team works in La Ligua but does not work in the Premiership. RVP gives United exactly that--Ferguson, quite rightly, bailed on the CL last year and then didn't even think about competing in Europa. RVP as a midfielfer is an interesting idea. At the end of the day, Welbeck is very young and still perfecting his craft. Rooney has been exposed since Ronaldo has left. Berbatov and he don't work well together. Berba's style of play is too slow and deliberate and doesn't match Rooney's. Chicarato (though a great goal scorer) is not creative enough to take the pressure off Rooney--fantastic late goal scoring option. This is a super get for United and the haters be damned. Far more worried about Anderson remaiing healthy than RVP.

13. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

I'm absolutely disgusted at the notion of RvP heading to Man U. It just feels so gross and wrong - I can't be the only one who's getting that vibe?

The modern game, amiright guys?

Things are looking very interesting. Should be a very entertaining season of football.

14. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Doesn't bother me. I hate Van Persie, Arsenal, and ManU. They deserve each other.

15. Burton

Burton Senior member

Really??? RVP spent 7 years toiling for Arsenal with nothing to show for it. He gave his all --100% in every game and yet you blame him for leaving to get trophies??? Really?? If he went to City I think you could make the argument that he is a bandwagon guy. (Honestly as United fan I would not make that argument.) What I know is that he begged Arsenal to buy players to support him and he did not get them. I do not believe RVP was at all motivated by the money--he would have gotten that anywhere. He wanted to win and I hope they do.