Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, May 22, 2012.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Hope they modified the free kick/penalty system.

2. comeonyouspurs

comeonyouspurs Well-Known Member

FIFA 13 should be brilliant. Complete dribbling and first touch control should be a blast to use. I really hope career mode is handled correctly. It gets better every year but the bugs in it are really frustrating. I dump hours into it as is, but if they follow through with all of the promised upgrades, I don't think I'll ever stop playing it.

Also, if I can't import my fucking virtual pro that I spent far too long getting to a 93 overall, I'm going to kill a kitten. Seriously EA, it can't be that hard. Starting from scratch every year is really, really annoying.

3. comeonyouspurs

Why? I can't see anything wrong with either.

4. Neo_Version 7

^ It was a lot less difficult to score on free kicks in earlier iterations. The system can get erratic at times.

5. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

^ I think they did modify the free kick system. Earlier this year I started playing ultimate team and I can't stand the constant server disconnections. I really hope they fixed some of the server issues.

I think you have to start over on your virtual pro. I read that they are storing that data on their servers to stop people from cheating by editing their pro file.

6. comeonyouspurs

To be honest, it's not overly difficult now. I think it's just hard enough where you need skill to do it but not totally useless at dead balls. Are you using the finesse or power modifiers when you shoot? I.e. R1 to curl, L1 to bang with power from 35 or further? I've got some pretty nice free kicks under my belt using those the modifiers.
    See, this sucks for the ppl like me that spent good time leveling their pro up. Too bad I guess.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I don't have a problem on penalties, but the FK system completely blows me away each time. Have yet to complete the (basic) "score 10 curled FKs" - last acheivement.

I suspect you'll have to restart your VP every year, inasmuch as it's been that way since 08, but what does seem to carry over is all the points you've amassed for completing challenges, the EXP you've gained from matches, etc on that EASportsFootballWorld thing. If you're connected to XboxLive, then these points have been going all last year and you've been leveling up. What they're apparently doing now with that is you'll be able to carry those points over to the new edition and redeem them for unlockables (old kits, classic teams, etc). I've seen some screenshots of unlocking a "classic" ManCity kit from like 1907 - just old cool touches like that. Apparently too you'll be able to unlock new/updated boots throughout the year (FINALLY) and ratings boosts for you VP (to finally get them above 90 or so).

I'm excited. FIFA12 got stale for me over the last few months, but I'm always pumped for the new release.

In the real world - USA/Mexico tonight, and Argentina/Germany on WatchESPN today. Will be a great day of football. :nodding:

8. Neo_Version 7

Fortunately, I'm a casual gamer ("Kick-Off" ftw) so I don't have any of these legacy problems. :embar:

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

10. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Heard new rumors Sahin is headed to Liverpool, not Arsenal.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Herp derp

Hrm. That's even lower than had been reported (34-ish?)

Don't do it Madrid. Invest in Şahin and create the player you need. Don't buy a Modric nearing his 30s who doesn't play defense.

Also: what's up with sounding that Dempsey is moving to EVERTON? What happened to wanting CL football?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  12. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

13. Neo_Version 7

+1

Not that Man U can't afford it but Arsenal is definitely on the winning side of this deal.

14. LosRojiblancos

LosRojiblancos Active Member

RVP is now up there with Adebayor, Nasri and Ashley Cole.[​IMG]

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

if you account for inflation and medical expenses arsenal probably had a net loss for RVP here ...
    he and rooney can make a formidable strike partnership if the guy stays healthy again

more bad news: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...se-in-on-arsenal-midfielder-alex-song?cc=5901