• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Hope they modified the free kick/penalty system.

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
FIFA 13 should be brilliant. Complete dribbling and first touch control should be a blast to use. I really hope career mode is handled correctly. It gets better every year but the bugs in it are really frustrating. I dump hours into it as is, but if they follow through with all of the promised upgrades, I don't think I'll ever stop playing it.

Also, if I can't import my ******* virtual pro that I spent far too long getting to a 93 overall, I'm going to kill a kitten. Seriously EA, it can't be that hard. Starting from scratch every year is really, really annoying.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ It was a lot less difficult to score on free kicks in earlier iterations. The system can get erratic at times.

xudisco07

Reaction score
^ I think they did modify the free kick system. Earlier this year I started playing ultimate team and I can't stand the constant server disconnections. I really hope they fixed some of the server issues.

I think you have to start over on your virtual pro. I read that they are storing that data on their servers to stop people from cheating by editing their pro file.

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
^ It was a lot less difficult to score on free kicks in earlier iterations. The system can get erratic at times.
To be honest, it's not overly difficult now. I think it's just hard enough where you need skill to do it but not totally useless at dead balls. Are you using the finesse or power modifiers when you shoot? I.e. R1 to curl, L1 to bang with power from 35 or further? I've got some pretty nice free kicks under my belt using those the modifiers.
^ I think they did modify the free kick system. Earlier this year I started playing ultimate team and I can't stand the constant server disconnections. I really hope they fixed some of the server issues.
I think you have to start over on your virtual pro. I read that they are storing that data on their servers to stop people from cheating by editing their pro file.

See, this sucks for the ppl like me that spent good time leveling their pro up. Too bad I guess.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem on penalties, but the FK system completely blows me away each time. Have yet to complete the (basic) "score 10 curled FKs" - last acheivement.

I suspect you'll have to restart your VP every year, inasmuch as it's been that way since 08, but what does seem to carry over is all the points you've amassed for completing challenges, the EXP you've gained from matches, etc on that EASportsFootballWorld thing. If you're connected to XboxLive, then these points have been going all last year and you've been leveling up. What they're apparently doing now with that is you'll be able to carry those points over to the new edition and redeem them for unlockables (old kits, classic teams, etc). I've seen some screenshots of unlocking a "classic" ManCity kit from like 1907 - just old cool touches like that. Apparently too you'll be able to unlock new/updated boots throughout the year (FINALLY) and ratings boosts for you VP (to finally get them above 90 or so).

I'm excited. FIFA12 got stale for me over the last few months, but I'm always pumped for the new release.

In the real world - USA/Mexico tonight, and Argentina/Germany on WatchESPN today. Will be a great day of football. :nodding:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fortunately, I'm a casual gamer ("Kick-Off" ftw) so I don't have any of these legacy problems. :embar:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard new rumors Sahin is headed to Liverpool, not Arsenal.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i thought this was a footy thread :bored:

Herp derp

Modric set to finalise £27.5m Real move - reports
if this helps sahin come to arsenal then go !

Hrm. That's even lower than had been reported (34-ish?)

Don't do it Madrid. Invest in Şahin and create the player you need. Don't buy a Modric nearing his 30s who doesn't play defense.

Also: what's up with sounding that Dempsey is moving to EVERTON? What happened to wanting CL football?

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Another waste of money for ManU and more money for Arsenal to sit on.

+1

Not that Man U can't afford it but Arsenal is definitely on the winning side of this deal.

LosRojiblancos

Reaction score
RVP is now up there with Adebayor, Nasri and Ashley Cole.
facepalm.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Not that Man U can't afford it but Arsenal is definitely on the winning side of this deal.

if you account for inflation and medical expenses arsenal probably had a net loss for RVP here ...
he and rooney can make a formidable strike partnership if the guy stays healthy again

more bad news: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...se-in-on-arsenal-midfielder-alex-song?cc=5901

Barcelona are closing in on Arsenal midfielder Alex Song, according to reports in the Catalan press on Wednesday morning.

Daily papers Sport and Mundo Deportivo claim that Barcelona's sports vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu and director of football Raul Sanllehi were in London on Tuesday to negotiate the deal, and it could be finalised within hours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads