• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hype1234

Reaction score
Hate to bring Banana Republic up, but I need advice on a blazer. This past sale season I've passed on several nice blazers from Rag and Bone, Our Legacy and APC. I have bigger shoulders and arms, but a slim midsection and the aforementioned brands all tug in the chest/shoulders. I actually fit pretty well in brands like Jcrew and Club Monaco (38R). I checked the BR site because the friends/family sale is coming up, and when I went in to try this one it fit like a glove when I size down.

1. Should I buy at half off
2. Can I wear it as rolling 3 button (this is how it was styled in store, and I would only want to wear it with just middle button done up)

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did it really fit that well, last time i had to try something on for a wedding and the fit of their "tailored" suit jacket was terribad borderline awfulbad. maybe their blazers r different?

Hype1234

Reaction score
This thing is in S,M,L sizing, and when I sized down it fit great for a jacket straight off the rack. I tried on the tailored 38R (with quite structured shoulders) from the elegant Mad-Men collection and it was pretty bad.

Vickt

Reaction score
45287233.png
58311529.png

OK, no gores for me. Thanks for the opinions. How about these RO if I just forgo laces?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads