• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: Your most complimented pair of shoes (that youre not afraid to wear regularly)

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When people say "Nice shoes" it's more likely find it interesting looking but not necessarily something they would like to wear.

+100.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The ladies seem enjoy these, although, I think they're more attracted by the fact that I care about my shoes than the shoe itself. C'est la vie.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have received more compliments on a pair of extremely average driving loafers I received as a gift than any other pair of shoes before or since. Therefore I disregard those completely and utterly. However a pair of Trickers Stow boots in acorn have 3 compliments so far. One from a lather worker, and two from rather good looking women. I suspect the colour makes them stand out. Otherwise, a pair of suede brogues are sitting on -1 "You shouldn't have bought those, they will stain," a pair of chelseas on -1 "the weird red soles" and the rest - mostly wholecuts, some even highly regarded here - don't get as much as a look.

I've noticed the same. My Mark Nasons (yes, I used to wear those ugly ones before SF), got more far compliments than my nice shoes do now.

hermeshomme

Reaction score
these rather overstated bad boys, which i've affectionately nicknamed kitty get A LOT of compliments. men, women, old, and young stop me to ask where i picked them up, are they comfortable, etc.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The ladies seem enjoy these, although, I think they're more attracted by the fact that I care about my shoes than the shoe itself. C'est la vie.

Those are nice. Where did you get them?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

these rather overstated bad boys, which i've affectionately nicknamed kitty get A LOT of compliments.  men, women, old, and young stop me to ask where i picked them up, are they comfortable, etc.

It's amazing what wonderful misfits one can find at the Humane Society shelter! :D

Do they purr?

Last edited:

mrbrioni

Reaction score

these tend to always get noticed...my sutor doubel monks I picked up on B&S for a steal...
9b075154.jpg
I bought these shoes at Bergdorf Goodman 5 years ago, and still wear them all the time. One of my most favorite shoes I own. I've never worn them without atleast a few compliments.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tons of compliments every ******* time I wear them. I don't like them at all, though they're still in my closet because of the insane amount of compliments I get from them.

Church's Custom Grade nubuck horsebit loafers.

IMG_8107.JPG

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics