• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: Your most complimented pair of shoes (that youre not afraid to wear regularly)

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
DSC_0278.jpg

inlove.gif

Details please so that I may order.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Edward Green Berkeley, Edwardian Antique, 606 Last.
Thanks placing order. Are there any discernible fit differences in the 606 last as compared to maybe the 888, 202, 82 & 89 lasts? Thanks EDIT: after doing some research, the color of that shoe looks to be chestnut. Am I correct? Do you have any more shots? Thanks

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
these tend to always get noticed...my sutor doubel monks I picked up on B&S for a steal...
9b075154.jpg

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When people say "Nice shoes" it's more likely find it interesting looking but not necessarily something they would like to wear.

laphroaig

Reaction score
I have received more compliments on a pair of extremely average driving loafers I received as a gift than any other pair of shoes before or since. Therefore I disregard those completely and utterly. However a pair of Trickers Stow boots in acorn have 3 compliments so far. One from a lather worker, and two from rather good looking women. I suspect the colour makes them stand out. Otherwise, a pair of suede brogues are sitting on -1 "You shouldn't have bought those, they will stain," a pair of chelseas on -1 "the weird red soles" and the rest - mostly wholecuts, some even highly regarded here - don't get as much as a look.

glenjay

Reaction score
While attending a conference a few years ago, I had just started riding down an escalator when I heard a woman’s voice behind me say “those are very nice shoes”. I was wearing my favorite wholecut Berluti’s so I was pleased by the recognition in my taste and sense of style.

As I said “Thank you” and turned to look at the lady, I realized she was complementing the other lady behind me on her shoes. While that could (and should) have been an uncomfortable moment, I was able to turn the situation around by agreeing how wonderful the other lady’s shoes were, and making a self-effacing joke (“clearly I am way too interested in shoes”). We carried the conversation on for a while after the escalator ride. The rest of the story is for another time.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

However a pair of Trickers Stow boots in acorn have 3 compliments so far. One from a lather worker, and two from rather good looking women. I suspect the colour makes them stand out.

Yes, as per my research on this thread, the combination of wingtips in chestnut/walnut/acorn is the #1 compliment generator.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads