• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: Guerlain Homme. It's okay, but if the bottle went away tomorrow I doubt I'd miss it at all.

BubblyMasquerade: I was going to offer suggestions, but if you're getting headaches, testing them is probably not high up on your fun-things-to-do list. There are probably some naturals that wouldn't be so aggravating, but...again, the headaches make it not worth the trouble.

Out of curiosity: how do you deal with detergent and fabric softener?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
I was amazed at how long it lasted on a card I had sprayed it on, literally 4 days later it was still going strong.
Of course, one might assume a shower will reduce its lasting power. This one's for Buff!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Of course, one might assume a shower will reduce its lasting power. This one's for Buff!

Indeed, you are correct.
nod[1].gif
And of course skin evaporation is different than paper. It's still tenacious. I wish I liked it enough to wear.

HarryPalmer

Reaction score
Ricci Club.

This appears as rather generic, late 80's scent to me. Starts with strong citrus opening but turns quickly into soapy cacophony. I don't think I'll become a fan of this.

Mariah Reilly

Reaction score
Montale week was fun, but it was time to move on (at least until my Fougere Marines gets here!).
The weather has turned hot again, and this one has the bitterest bitter orange on the market great for giving a little punch when you sweat.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: again the blend of Vetyver Haiti and Bay Rum with a Twist.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Indeed, you are correct.
nod[1].gif
And of course skin evaporation is different than paper. It's still tenacious. I wish I liked it enough to wear.

Aww, I just ordered it and it doesn't smell very good
frown.gif
? Damn, that's a waste.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It smells great, actually. I can't wear it because I'm always at work and it's too big of a scent. Don't worry, you'll like it, and so will the ladies
smile.gif

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i prefer light fragrances [by itself], but have always mixed scents to tweak them__ keep it more interesting and mysterious. i don't mix them randomly. i usually try on a combination several times to see if compatible to my body chemistry+preference before actually wearing them:

current= Prada Amber + Bulgari Black
tried mixes : Lanvin MLANV & Vetyver, Davidoff Good Life, Armani Aqua di, Paul Smith (green '00), etc.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My C&S samples arrived this evening. Nine vials, one of each scent. Thus far I'm sampling no.88 and Neroli. - both are a bit stuffy in a "I'm off to play the Grand Piano" stiff-upper-lip pip-pop kind of way. Still: $5 for nine vials doesn't suck

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
You no like?
↓↓↓↓↓
Originally Posted by Rambo
I was hunting around for Dopey's mystical Habit Rouge again when I stumbled on a tester for Guerlain's Mouchoir de Monsieur. I'd never tried this one before so I gave it a spritz. First impression: Smelled like a cross between a nursing home and an old boot that had been left out in the rain. The drydown definitely softened it up and I'd currently describe it as lavendery body powder smell. Ugh
Originally Posted by Thomas
My C&S samples arrived this evening. Nine vials, one of each scent. Thus far I'm sampling no.88 and Neroli. - both are a bit stuffy in a "I'm off to play the Grand Piano" stiff-upper-lip pip-pop kind of way. Still: $5 for nine vials doesn't suck
Nice. Did you request them off the website or via email?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads