• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sale Alert: Hickey and Hickeystyle @ 50% off

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
When I enter that code, it sets the sale price at $0 for every item.

I've got a few pieces from Hickey. The pot leaf sort of blows, but some items are better than others. Other items are rather subtle - the coin pocket pants, for example, only have the pot leaf on the rivets.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
thank you, i'll send them a message. that's a great sizing chart, except for the tailored clothing (i'd be shocked if their size 40 actually measures a 40 chest).
Originally Posted by onion
I would email them and ask. Hickey's customer support might be the best I've ever dealt with. Generally they will respond to emails within an hour or two. Also, you can view their sizing chart here: link

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they put a whole bunch of stuff (all the hickey pants at least) on sale. was not on sale three hours ago. now you cannot use the coupon, since it was only good for non-sale items.

the sale is less than 50% off.

what a bunch of jerks.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
mannnn that is a downer.

Originally Posted by Dewey
they put a whole bunch of stuff (all the hickey pants at least) on sale. was not on sale three hours ago. now you cannot use the coupon, since it was only good for non-sale items.

the sale is less than 50% off.

what a bunch of jerks.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
does that say, size down two?

I had the same question. I don't understand why they'd tack on 2 numbers to a waist size. I didn't see it until after I had ordered, unfortunately. We'll see what happens. When you are a size 36 and it says "size=36", well... I would think that means 36, not 34, unless they have a good reason to do that.

naaaaate

Reaction score
I've got four hickey shirts and they're amazing for the prices I got them at ($20-$50). I also even love the weed leaf because it's hilarious and tacky in a perfect way. They're all just simple button ups, when hickey ventures outside of simple and does overdesigned stuff theyre pretty bad at it IMHO.

But seriously, when is this venture going under because it seems like they have no idea what their market is or how much to charge for their clothes. There's stuff still on sale that I remember being on sale for half of what it is now a year ago. "Hey this marked down **** isn't selling, how about we up the price?"

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree the pricing is irregular with these guys.

i would size down because my last pair, a 33, was too loose. they were some loose-fitting slim-cut chinos. i'm a 33 in brooks and thought hickey / hickey freeman would be as true to size. but no.

also i thought the current flannels looked pretty good, esp. for $150, and was going to buy a pair. then i found a stash of charcoal flannel pants i bought last winter. so i'm good. the new $178 price is less attractive of course, but maybe they are still a good deal.

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score
The Hickey site updates regularly since I now found the code does not work on quite a number of regularly priced items. It wasn't the case 4-5 hours ago.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
I've got four hickey shirts and they're amazing for the prices I got them at ($20-$50). I also even love the weed leaf because it's hilarious and tacky in a perfect way. They're all just simple button ups, when hickey ventures outside of simple and does overdesigned stuff theyre pretty bad at it IMHO. But seriously, when is this venture going under because it seems like they have no idea what their market is or how much to charge for their clothes. There's stuff still on sale that I remember being on sale for half of what it is now a year ago. "Hey this marked down **** isn't selling, how about we up the price?"
Where do you find the shirts for cheap? The sizing is perfect for me, but the price (even at Neiman Marcus Last Call) is a bit much.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fyi - ordered pants on the 14th, they arrived on the 19th.

My normal waist size is 35, so I ordered the "35". The fit fine. The length is PLENTY long to allow for tailoring to length. Their size chart online is misleading, in my opinion.

Happy with purchase.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
I've got four hickey shirts and they're amazing for the prices I got them at ($20-$50). I also even love the weed leaf because it's hilarious and tacky in a perfect way. They're all just simple button ups, when hickey ventures outside of simple and does overdesigned stuff theyre pretty bad at it IMHO.

But seriously, when is this venture going under because it seems like they have no idea what their market is or how much to charge for their clothes. There's stuff still on sale that I remember being on sale for half of what it is now a year ago. "Hey this marked down **** isn't selling, how about we up the price?"

Are you sure? Or are you going off of what Styleforum says is a good price? Personally, I have no idea what kind of numbers the stores who carry the brand are turning over (or the NYC store itself), but I see their ads in GQ and other magazines often, and they just did a collaboration with, I believe, Bergdorf Goodman this season. They also seem to be doing more and more new items, like adding shoes/slippers and bags this season. The quality, as far as I can tell, remains high (even though some items are MIC), and the retail prices don't seem to be falling.

Also, the brand is only, what, 4 years old? I don't really expect huge sales figures within the first 5 years (not that I've seen any of their sales figures...). Maybe they are losing their ass, I have no idea, but I've yet to see anything to point to this.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
fyi - ordered pants on the 14th, they arrived on the 19th.

My normal waist size is 35, so I ordered the "35". The fit fine. The length is PLENTY long to allow for tailoring to length. Their size chart online is misleading, in my opinion.

Happy with purchase.

I ordered a pair of cords from them last year and they did have a 32" inseam, but the suit I have had a ~38' unhemmed end. Guess it depends on whether its a jean/cord vs. a dress pant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads